Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,499 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to Tennessee from Maryland soon and would like information on employment,rentals, etc for the Memphis and surrounding areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 PM

774 posts, read 2,582,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleman2029 View Post
We are going to be moving to Tennessee from Maryland soon and would like information on employment,rentals, etc for the Memphis and surrounding areas.
We'll need more specific information than this. What type of employment? Do you have degrees? In what fields? Are you looking for rental homes, rental apartments? What's your price range? What type of neighborhood/environment are you looking for?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM

14 posts, read 34,631 times
I may be relocating to Memphis also. I am interviewing with Memphis City schools later this month. I will need to find a reasonable and safe place to live for myself and my teenage daughter on a teacher's salary and two car payments.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:13 PM

28 posts, read 90,777 times
If your teenage daughter is high school age you may think about choosing your neighborhood by school districts. For city high schools you probably want to look in the Whitestation High or Ridgeway High districts (find school boundry info at 2007/2008 Boundary Change Information) Whitestation has a wonderful college prep program and I believe Ridgeway is starting an International Bacheloriate program in the fall. Good luck on your move!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:08 PM

14 posts, read 34,631 times
My daughter is out of school so the location to a school is not an issue. I just need to be able to pay the rent, utilities, food, and and the $525 a month car payments on a Memphis school teacher pay.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Have you been to this site yet? It's got descriptions on some of the different neighborhoods in Memphis you might consider. Memphis City Schools | Housing Guide
Perhaps if you gave an estimate as to what you think you'll have to spend on rent people might be able to give you more helpful feedback.
FWIW There have been a goodly handful of MCS teachers take second jobs with the company I work for, but I don't know what they earn with the school system, nor do I know if they need that extra money to make ends meet or if they are using it for something else entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis