Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,999,373 times

Advertisements

Is there anyplace in Memphis where more...uh..."mature" folks go to enjoy music and dancing? Someplace that plays something other than a steady diet of techno or hip hop?

Back in the 70s and 80s there were some great places to go to have a few drinks and hit the dance floor....Solomon Alfred's....Poor Red's....Stage Stop....Coco Loco....Patrick's.....Friends....even the Eagle's Nest later on. All those are history now, except for the Stage Stop - and I think it's pretty much heavy metal now. What happened to all the people around my age who used to go to those places....did they all die? It seems as if there aren't any clubs around where people in the 50-60 age range go anymore. They're all geared to the twentysomething crowd....and I don't like being the only person in a club over the age of 30

I told my wife I'd like to open a club in Cordova geared to the older crowd and call it "Geezers"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM

738 posts, read 2,575,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCartpath View Post
I told my wife I'd like to open a club in Cordova geared to the older crowd and call it "Geezers"
I LOVE it! I would go there. Can you turn the music down a little please? hehe

Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 AM

122 posts, read 441,730 times
I like BB Kings on Beale St.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM

50 posts, read 260,510 times
My wife says that a bunch of the women in her office keep talking about a place called Flashback's. I may be wrong, but I get the impression it may be along the lines of what you're looking for.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 PM

28 posts, read 60,261 times
Well, it's been 2 years now and only 3 lousy posts. Old folks must be affraid to venture out after dark in this town.

I, too, would like to know the same as the O/P. Where does the grey hair gang hang out? It's certainly not Geezers!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM

49 posts, read 154,601 times
Hadley's Pub maybe? Oh, they seem to just always be hiring for part time work in case anyone knows someone in need of that.

Hadley's Pub - Bartlett - Memphis | Urbanspoon

Quote:
(901) 266-5006

Bartlett
2779 Whitten Rd
Memphis, TN 38133
Flashbacks was mentioned upthread (from the year 2009) and that place is just not all that nice, imho. Maybe it was nicer in the year 2009? I dunno.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,999,373 times
I haven't been to Flashbacks in a long time, but I doubt that it's changed....it was never "nice"...

Haven't been to Hadley's...last time I was there it was Willie Moffatt's. It has had one or two other names over the years as well. Used to be a popular hang out for the biker crowd, and had some decent music - but I don't think I ever saw anyone dancing there. Nice little bar, but not a dance club. I guess those really don't exist anymore, other than Raiford's.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,955,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwva View Post
Well, it's been 2 years now and only 3 lousy posts. Old folks must be affraid to venture out after dark in this town.

I, too, would like to know the same as the O/P. Where does the grey hair gang hang out? It's certainly not Geezers!
I think you'll find what you're looking for in the back corner of any Perkins restaurant on Sunday mornings. Bring a newspaper and WW2 stories.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 9,090 times
Default I agree!!! I wish someone would open a nice, fun dance place for us "fun over.50s folks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCartpath View Post
Is there anyplace in Memphis where more...uh..."mature" folks go to enjoy music and dancing? Someplace that plays something other than a steady diet of techno or hip hop?

Back in the 70s and 80s there were some great places to go to have a few drinks and hit the dance floor....Solomon Alfred's....Poor Red's....Stage Stop....Coco Loco....Patrick's.....Friends....even the Eagle's Nest later on. All those are history now, except for the Stage Stop - and I think it's pretty much heavy metal now. What happened to all the people around my age who used to go to those places....did they all die? It seems as if there aren't any clubs around where people in the 50-60 age range go anymore. They're all geared to the twentysomething crowd....and I don't like being the only person in a club over the age of 30

Old 12-13-2015, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,090 times
Brookhaven pub? I don't think "trashbacks" is what us older crowd is looking for..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis