Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:17 PM

242 posts, read 974,765 times

Advertisements

Be VERY prepared!!!! They require a TON of documents. Because my husband is on our only local bill (electric), I ave to bring 5.. yes FIVE documents to get a DL!!!

My husband and I went today... He was able to get his because he in military and has his id!! ARGH!!

I have to bring my AL DL, my lease, my passport, my WEDDING Certificate, and a bill!!

TN, come on!!! this si ridiculous!! I needed a bill in my name or husbands name when I moved to both Florida and AL!!!

They list a bunch of things you can bring, but most of them you cant get until you get a DL!!! LOLOL

So, if you havent changed it yet, beware... You may need to bring your first born child as a sacrifice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:41 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepony View Post
Be VERY prepared!!!! They require a TON of documents. Because my husband is on our only local bill (electric), I ave to bring 5.. yes FIVE documents to get a DL!!!

My husband and I went today... He was able to get his because he in military and has his id!! ARGH!!

I have to bring my AL DL, my lease, my passport, my WEDDING Certificate, and a bill!!

TN, come on!!! this si ridiculous!! I needed a bill in my name or husbands name when I moved to both Florida and AL!!!

They list a bunch of things you can bring, but most of them you cant get until you get a DL!!! LOLOL

So, if you havent changed it yet, beware... You may need to bring your first born child as a sacrifice!!
Dang pixie, couple misspells here and there ^ I hope this expierence didn't drive you to drinking

Welcome to Memphis

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM

I typed it very late at night....... You know what's more annoying than the DMV??? The Spelling Police!!!!! seriously, I jest!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepony View Post
I typed it very late at night....... You know what's more annoying than the DMV??? The Spelling Police!!!!! seriously, I jest!!!
Well, looks like you'll like the M.C.S. System then...

Out

Old 11-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Ha ha ha!!!! Hilarious!!!! Who ever you are 901..you crack me up!

I went today and after 3 hours of waiting, I now have a TN DL!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM

57 posts, read 353,083 times
Try getting a DL when you're not even from this country.. I hate the DMV

Old 11-20-2009, 08:05 PM

522 posts, read 1,856,056 times
Thanks for the info! Just moved to TN today!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmotort View Post
Thanks for the info! Just moved to TN today!

Go to the Millington branch. No line, no wait

Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Must be that Memphis DMV. Knoxville DMV was fun and pretty painless and I had an expired out of state drivers license. Plus it was an hour tops for both Bill and I to get a DL and a state ID. We stopped in the DMV on impulse and luckily had picked up our mail beforehand.
The only current photo ID I had with me was a passport. My experience was nothing like yours sounds like, in fact the DMV employees were friendly, helpful and had some fun with us. It was a far cry from any NY DMV experience I ever had. In fact we were having such a good time that day, our pictures on the DL and ID show us laughing,not just smiling.
My advice to you is embrace the new state you just moved to, sure it's going to be different from what you're used to. Learn to live and let live and things will roll off of your back.Tn. is a great state to live in.
Oh yeah and I still have my first born.
Pam

Old 11-21-2009, 09:00 PM

11 posts, read 28,535 times
I had no problems getting my DL from the DMV -- moving from MS. Just took the documents they listed on the website and went and got it. Took my about an hour overall

And, on a humorous side-note, the spelling police misspelled "experience" in their citation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis