Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,149 times

Advertisements

I am separated from an "Aspie" after 30 years of abuse. Three years ago he stopped smoking cigarettes. As soon as he stopped smoking cigarettes he became attached to his Marijuana Pipe morning until night. But in the last couple of years he was prescribed Vicodan and Soma. Makes him full blown nuts. After being on it three weeks this time, he became delusional and paranoid. I watched him at that moment when he could have killed me. Last year when he was on the Vicodan/Soma cocktail, he broke my finger as I tried to call 911. In 2003 our 21 year old "Aspie" Drug using Son committed Suicide. I was the one who found him. I did CPR for about 20 minutes before the Paramedics found the house. After 30 years of this madhouse, I say run, run run if your Aspie is doing ANY sort of substance abuse. Even just Pot. When they do drugs/alcohol many turn into Dope Fiends. It's different for them when they do drugs because they process in a different par of their brains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Sorry for your situation. You are right to get out.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:34 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
I am glad you got out of there! Life is to short to have to live in fear of being abused by anyone! I have to ask though, have you reported to his doctors how he is acting? They need to know that.

They would probably pull that privacy stuff on you and say they can't discuss it with you but I would insist they hear what I have to say because they NEED to know his reaction to the medication and you ARE NOT asking them to tell you ANYTHING.... Just to listen. Every medication says if you have ANY side effects to report them to your doctor and that is what you are doing and I would tell them he broke my fingers and you had to flee your home in fear of your life!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,924 times
This validates our decision to keep our high functioning Autistic son off medication and gives me more resolve to keep it that way.

I'm so sorry you've been through so much. Good for you for leaving. You have to take care of yourself.

I agree that you should report this to the docs. They may not listen, but things like this need to be tracked. I wonder if you could insist they report it to the drug manufacturer?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,920 times
Drugs do all sorts of things to different people; if there is even the slightest inherent aggression in a person this is likely to be magnified by drugs/alcohol.

I have known many people on the AS and do have a son with Asperger's and must say that while there is usually some form of agitation it is usually aimed inwards and not towards others.

I am so sorry that you have had to endure the pain that you have had in your life and I am so happy that you have taken the steps to make your life better and to ensure your future happiness and safety.

The bottom line is that if one notices that a person is more volatile in general then drugs and/or alcohol will never be a good addition.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 AM

2 posts, read 11,149 times
After a few days at his Mom's house he went to the Emergency Room for a shot of Demerol. He was obviously wigged so they call someone in to talk to him. He goes on to tell them how abused he is, how he was in fear to call 911 when he was in our home. It's like everything that happens to me, now becomes his story. Bizarre. They assigned him a case worker, then I got to thinking it's my word against his. When he wants to be he can be a genious, but he can't keep it up. He speaks in complete circles. Although I don't look forward to having a Government Worker show up at my door with alligations of abuse, maybe they can reach him.that he has AS. He is "snowballing" calling our friends at six in the morning ranting and raving about the most stange things. For example, he has been busting up things in our home for the last year and a half, off and on. One morning he misplaced a new "high output" lighter he used to light his pot pipe. He accused me of taking it, he started to break things. After not responding for so long, I went into his garage, grabbed a hammer and held it up to his boat. I told him I was sick of him breaking all my things. His eyes got wide. Reality kicked in for me and I threw the hammer down. Now when he rants on the telephone to my friends and me, he "forgets" the part where he busted the things up. I tried to file a temporary restraining yesterday but because he never said he would kill, just "make me pay" they did not order it. I won't be able to see a Judge until October 6. If this keeps up, I will be dead before then. Each time on the telephone it gets worse and the target is me. I am scared to death. He will not stop until everything is destroyed, including me. Any ideas on how to get him out of this "destruckometer? mood?"

Old 09-17-2010, 10:01 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Don't answer the phone, no matter how many times it rings. Read Gavin de Becker's book on stalkers, can't remember the title but it was an eye-opener for me.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 AM

50,375 posts, read 63,993,273 times
It is too bad you have wasted so many years on this damaged man. It is good to help those in need, stand by your man, etc., but not at the expense of your own life.
Move, change your phone numbers, and get help from a battered women's group or an attorney.
Your life is in danger, and you cannot fix him, so get out right now.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdphones View Post
After a few days at his Mom's house he went to the Emergency Room for a shot of Demerol. He was obviously wigged so they call someone in to talk to him. He goes on to tell them how abused he is, how he was in fear to call 911 when he was in our home. It's like everything that happens to me, now becomes his story.
Bizarre. They assigned him a case worker, then I got to thinking it's my word against his. When he wants to be he can be a genious, but he can't keep it up. He speaks in complete circles.
Although I don't look forward to having a Government Worker show up at my door with alligations of abuse, maybe they can reach him.that he has AS. He is "snowballing" calling our friends at six in the morning ranting and raving about the most stange things.
For example, he has been busting up things in our home for the last year and a half, off and on.
One morning he misplaced a new "high output" lighter he used to light his pot pipe. He accused me of taking it, he started to break things.
After not responding for so long, I went into his garage, grabbed a hammer and held it up to his boat. I told him I was sick of him breaking all my things. His eyes got wide. Reality kicked in for me and I threw the hammer down.
Now when he rants on the telephone to my friends and me, he "forgets" the part where he busted the things up.
I tried to file a temporary restraining yesterday but because he never said he would kill, just "make me pay" they did not order it. I won't be able to see a Judge until October 6. If this keeps up, I will be dead before then. Each time on the telephone it gets worse and the target is me. I am scared to death. He will not stop until everything is destroyed, including me. Any ideas on how to get him out of this "destruckometer? mood?"
I sent you a private message. Let me know if I can help. Chin up and stay vigilant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health