Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 AM

7 posts, read 7,851 times

Advertisements

Hai,
Im kumar, I have seen this(Depersonalization) disorder in one of my friend(Akhila). she loves her cousin(Raj) very much, one day she saw her cousin moving closely with one of his friend(Sam). Akhila also saw that Raj is chatting with Sam till late-nights and got to know that Sam loves Raj. But the truth is Raj also loves Akhila very much not Sam, but akila used to think that raj is not loving her and he is in love with sam and she is thinking in the same way from past 4months. Akhila went under depression for many times, she never used to sleep nice at nights, she used to think about this that raj is loving sam and she used to cry for the whole night. From few days she is talking like she commited suicide a month ago and the one who is talking to me is her soul and saying that u both(raj and sam) live happily, she will not interfere as she commited suicide and am going to become a dead body soon. She is in normal condition all the time, when she thinks about raj and sam she used to talk like that for a hour or so, later she will not remember all these thing what she spoke with me or raj, she say like "I never said anything like that". I got afraid after listening to this from her. She is geting in to this kind of behaviour one a day when a she thinks about her lover raj. Will be better if i consult any doctor?? please help me.
Can any one please help me in recovering her from this?? PLEASE HELP ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,266 times
Dear Friend~
Yes, of course it would help Akhila to see a psychiatrist or some other mental health professional. It is very hard for the average person to make the specific diagnosis of a disorder, but you are right to be concerned. Any talk of suicide is concerning, even if the person claims to not remember saying it. Maybe as you imply she is "dissociating," but it's worrisome in any case. See if you can convince her to at least talk to someone who can evaluate her for suicide risk. Check for a suicide hotline in your area. If it is a crisis situation, she could go to a hospital emergency room. Good luck.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
This doesn't sound like depersonalization disorder at all. Your friend needs professional mental health treatment. She evidently has some form of depression, possibly Major Depression with psychotic features. This is when a person gets deeply depressed and also experiences symptoms that people with schizophrenia experience. But she really must be evaluated by a professional; for all we know she could be abusing drugs. All that stuff with loving her cousin and the jealousy are not the real issues, the important things are that she is depressed, she's talking about suicide, and she's having strange/bizarre thinking. Please encourage her to get evaluated ASAP.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEspy View Post
Dear Friend~
Yes, of course it would help Akhila to see a psychiatrist or some other mental health professional. It is very hard for the average person to make the specific diagnosis of a disorder, but you are right to be concerned. Any talk of suicide is concerning, even if the person claims to not remember saying it. Maybe as you imply she is "dissociating," but it's worrisome in any case. See if you can convince her to at least talk to someone who can evaluate her for suicide risk. Check for a suicide hotline in your area. If it is a crisis situation, she could go to a hospital emergency room. Good luck.

Hai DeeEsPy,
Thank you for your suggestion, but I did not get your words "suicide hotline". Can you please explain what it is?
Thank You.

Last edited by Kumar25062013; 07-29-2013 at 02:19 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 AM

Hey Thank you for your suggestion, but I did not get your words "suicide hotline". Can you please explain what it is?
Thank You.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 AM

Hai TracySam,
Thanks for your suggestion.
You are right, Akhila went into major depression. she used to cry for the whole day and night thinking about her cousin, this happened when she took leave for 10days.
When ever she gets in to depression she used to talk like that ( the one who is talking with us is with her soul, she is mentioning a date on which she have committed suicide and its getting late souls will not last for many days i need to go away). she used to sit idle and think blindly for sometime whenever she thinks about her cousin and gets depressed and she will not even listen to anyone when someone called her at that time.
And the major problem is whenever she is talking like that, i tried to take her out from that thoughts. Once when she is talking like that I pinched her hand so that she gets pain and she can come out of that feeling, but she dint get any pain when she is in that feeling, after sometime when she gets into her normal condition she cried with that pain.
I am unable get what her mental condition is....... She will be perfectly alright most of the times, but she will get into this kind of world whenever she thinks about sam( with whom Akhila is thinking that raj is in love).
Can you please help me out and tell me what should i do for her so that she can get recovered.
Please HELP me. Thank You.

Last edited by Kumar25062013; 07-29-2013 at 02:16 AM..

Old 08-02-2013, 03:05 AM

Hai all,
One more thing i got to know about Akhila, that is whenever she listen the name SAM she gets into that kind of talking thinking etc etc.. if i continue to talk about that thing( SAM RAJ relation) she continues the way she is talking. she does not even that she is talking like that. She is asking the reason Y DID YOU(RAJ) LEFT ME, am still living to know the reason. After you telling the reason i will leave this world.
Will it be anything danger to Akhila, if raj tells the reason?? Will the thinking gets stopped or will it hurt Akhila if he tells any reason.
But actually there is no reason, why because he(raj) dint left akhila. He loves akhila alot. But akhila is still thinking in the same way.
Raj is loving akhila and they are still together, talking to eachother.... going out in the weekends... akhila is in normal state with raj, but when she gets striked the name SAM in her mind.. she used talk like that with raj.
DID YOU(the one who is reading) understand what am i trying to tell?
Am sorry for troubling you with my english...
please help me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health