Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 PM

239 posts, read 724,315 times

Advertisements

Do you think im having an Anxiety or Schizophrenia?

I haven't been able to concentrate or sleep well, I have had some negative thoughts, worrying, fearing and suicidal thoughts and have had a tingling sensation in my arms. Is this Anxiety or Schizophrenia?

I went to the hospital 2 weeks they said it was Anxiety but I went to the hospital 3 days ago and I go medicine for Schizophrenia.

What do you think this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Antipsychotics are sometimes prescribed to treat OCD intrusive thoughts.

It could be depression and anxiety. It could be bipolar. It could be schizophrenia (but I doubt it).

You really should be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

What type of hospital did you go to?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
You describe panic symptoms, rumination, and suicidality. I am not sure how the last one presents, but there you have it. A hospital prescribed antipsychotics. Is there something you're not sharing? You can be anxious, depressed, delusional, or psychotic. A primary care manager or a good interview with a counselor can give you broader direction. Find a university based counseling center if possible that takes the general public and get a broad work up. While they are students, they typically have multiple supervisors with 40-60 cumulative years clinical experience for oversight. Get the help you need now; symptoms like this typically don't automatically remit.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
You describe panic symptoms, rumination, and suicidality. I am not sure how the last one presents, but there you have it.
That's not absolute. The negative thoughts could be intrusive thoughts. The fearing could be paranoia. Anxiety can present that way. That would explain the antipsychotics.

Quote:
Is there something you're not sharing? You can be anxious, depressed, delusional, or psychotic.
The OP did share that the diagnosis was anxiety.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
You cannot diagnose a condition based on what kind of medication you are taking. If you are not loosing touch with reality through hallucinations and/or delusions, psychosis is probably not likely. You need to see a licensed mental health professional to determine what is going on.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM

The OP already had a mental health professional diagnose as anxiety. The medication isn't only used for psychosis.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:29 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
There was a diagnosis of anxiety and there was a prescription for anti-psychotics. An elephant has a long ear, but it is not a fan; a long, entwining trunk, but it is not a snake; thick legs planted solidly on the ground, but it is not a tree; and a wide, broad flank, but it is not a wall. @ Hopes: There sounds like there may be more symptomatically (but as you acknowledge, not necessarily so) because of the anti-psychotics, which is why there was a request for more information. If the OP is going back for review on a second occasion, a few weeks later, aside from getting meds, the OP may be experiencing more distress.

So 10 days later, does Antwuan have more information?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:06 PM

239 posts, read 724,315 times
Quote:
There was a diagnosis of anxiety and there was a prescription for anti-psychotics. An elephant has a long ear, but it is not a fan; a long, entwining trunk, but it is not a snake; thick legs planted solidly on the ground, but it is not a tree; and a wide, broad flank, but it is not a wall. @ Hopes: There sounds like there may be more symptomatically (but as you acknowledge, not necessarily so) because of the anti-psychotics, which is why there was a request for more information. If the OP is going back for review on a second occasion, a few weeks later, aside from getting meds, the OP may be experiencing more distress.

So 10 days later, does Antwuan have more information?
Im feeling better now, yes it was Anxiety I have seen a both a Therapist & Doctor and I have some medicine. Im feeling better and better as the days go by. I have to say I had dealt with Anxiety for a couple months but im better and getting better and better everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health