Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,194 times

Advertisements

when I don't get what I want
I get angry at first and later get sad.
I know that sometimes you cant get what you want, but I just cant control my emotions.
It's like I know it by head but not my heart.

My parents are strict and I wasn't raised like 'princess,' getting everything I want, doing everything I want. I know I need to grow up, I, myself know it, but idk how to control this thing!!

Sometimes I get so frustrated not getting what I want, I get sad and think like, what's the whole point of life and hope that I can just die. I get in my bed and cry. It's like this deep anger and frustration are stuck inside my chest and idk how to take it out and I just feel helpless.

This is not the only thing

I worry constantly about everything. I don't think about it allll the time. I usually forget about it when I'm focused in something else,like being in school, but I keep having that feeling(?) of worrying even though I'm not thinking about it. It's like I worry constantly and dont know what I'm worried about.

Also I cant connect with people. I will be their friend and socialize, do what friends do, but then I cant get deep enough. I dont feel like I'm close to them. I dont expect it to be exactly like faimily but at least have some feelings for them. It's like I always leave some space between me and my friends. Ugh. Worst of all, I have very low self esteem and bad self image.

I want to get better but I feel helpless.
I dont even know what to do anymore.
Does anyone have same problem as me?

Last edited by bbc1; 09-05-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 09:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Honey, it sounds like anxiety (and maybe a little ADD) is running your life and wearing you out.

Can you talk to your parents about getting you an appt with a therapist who specializes in teens?

What you describe is really not so unusual and can be helped greatly when you reach out for professional guidance

Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1 View Post
when I don't get what I want
I get angry at first and later get sad.
I know that sometimes you cant get what you want, but I just cant control my emotions.
It's like I know it by head but not my heart.

My parents are strict and I wasn't raised like 'princess,' getting everything I want, doing everything I want. I know I need to grow up, I, myself know it, but idk how to control this thing!!

Sometimes I get so frustrated not getting what I want, I get sad and think like, what's the whole point of life and hope that I can just die. I get in my bed and cry. It's like this deep anger and frustration are stuck inside my chest and idk how to take it out and I just feel helpless.

This is not the only thing

I worry constantly about everything. I don't think about it allll the time. I usually forget about it when I'm focused in something else,like being in school, but I keep having that feeling(?) of worrying even though I'm not thinking about it. It's like I worry constantly and dont know what I'm worried about.

Also I cant connect with people. I will be their friend and socialize, do what friends do, but then I cant get deep enough. I dont feel like I'm close to them. I dont expect it to be exactly like faimily but at least have some feelings for them. It's like I always leave some space between me and my friends. Ugh. Worst of all, I have very low self esteem and bad self image.

I want to get better but I feel helpless.
I dont even know what to do anymore.
Does anyone have same problem as me?
I understand the feeling. Life is hard. I don't think real (good) help really exists in our day and age. But maybe some people will be lucky and will be able to get some anyways. So trying to get help won't hurt (at least).

Old 09-09-2014, 11:15 AM

148 posts, read 141,216 times
I think your mental health is fine, you write a good post . mentally ill find it hard to string a sentence if bad.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyslexic View Post
I think your mental health is fine, you write a good post . mentally ill find it hard to string a sentence if bad.
I don't find that to be true. I knew a sociopath who could write like nobodies business and have every person hanging on his every word when spoken too. Some are very good at it.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:22 AM

148 posts, read 141,216 times
I didn't think you cast yourself has a sociopath????????? depression may be slight that's about it. Chronic depression his very hard to Get out of bed the last thing you would be thinking is posting , my dyslexic spelling is through depression

Old 09-11-2014, 12:33 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
I don't read 'poor mental health' as being mentally ill.

Quote:
... but I just cant control my emotions.
I suspect there is a physiological cause of emotional instability which could well be treatable, if not curable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health