Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 02:37 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,009 times

Advertisements

Try taking iron every day for a few weeks. When I feel at the bottom, I know I need my iron pills.

I had a good doctor many years ago. I was very sad and not getting out of it. He had me go on iron for a few weeks. What a difference it made in my mood.

Last edited by GiGi603; 08-04-2022 at 02:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 12:33 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,910,367 times
Thank you, I will try some iron pills, I do have some at home.

My thyroid has been checked and is normal...I tried thyroid meds anyway and they did no good.

Dr. increased my abilify and offered to take me off prozac and try something else but last time I went off prozac it was a disaster so I'm not willing to try that again.

I actually feel better the last couple of days. Now That I have given my notice at work, people are talking to me about my new job...being the center of attention for a change is nice. THey are even going to give me a going away cake.

My first day at new job is on Tuesday. This weekend I'm going camping with my adult kids so at least I won't be on the couch feeling sorry for myself!

Old 08-08-2022, 01:25 AM

1,655 posts, read 778,771 times
I know where you’re at mentally. For exercise I’ve went to Walmart or Target and walked around there for 20-30 minutes. Park far away from the store. Grab a buggy and just stroll the perimeter of the store 4 or 5 times…sometimes stopping to look at any random thing. You get exercise and you can sorta people watch (not staring of course) to help with the boredom.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:43 PM

3,158 posts, read 1,033,787 times
Low carbs, almost no carbs save me actually. But no one ever wants to listen to what I say or write about it. Why would they? Who am I? An anonymous writing online. I suffered from insomnia for more than a decade. It was not fun. I don't want to go into details but I read and studied all that was published about it, about psychology, I did psychotherapy, tried x diets, different medications etc. The list that I wrote here is what I came up with after years and years of suffering.

A few years ago I discovered Amber O'Hearn. A woman suffering from mental illness (bipolar 2) who recovered following a carnivore diet. Her diet is extreme but she got well with it. I follow a very low carb diet, not carnivore.

There are many others who follow a strict keto diet, or even carnivore diet who got well from depression, anxiety, bipolar etc. They are not on medication anymore, lost weight, sleep well, have a normal life.

You should look into it. Don't dismiss it and ignore it.

Take care.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:26 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,519,183 times
exercise gives you serotonin which makes you feel good,I used to walk for 40 minutes outdoor,now I just get busy inside the house,I will vacuum the floor and then use a wet mop ,it is pretty disgusting to see the black dirt picked up by the mop.
may be you need a lover and enjoy wild sex?

Old 10-03-2022, 05:34 AM

19,748 posts, read 20,308,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I've been struggling with major depression for about 4 years now...ever since I had to go off wellbutrin. (It was causing headaches). I've tried EVERYTHING you can try to get un-depressed and nothing is working. I've changed jobs. Moved cities. Tried dating, tried not dating. Got a cat. Tried a bunch of different meds. Tried a bunch of different therapies. LENS, TMS, Ketamine, nothing helps.

I feel like I'm at rock bottom and have no prospects to get out of rock bottom. no, I'm not suicidal because I have two wonderful children. Part of my depression has been empty nest related. I'd love to have them in my life more and of course look forward to the day when I have grandchildren, but that day is in the pretty distant future as they are only 25 and 22 years old.

I don't believe in an afterlife which i suppose is partly why suicide is so distasteful to me. I don't want to not live life, I want a different life. Most of what I have going on is fine, I'd just like to not feel so depressed all the time.

I have a med check appointment tomorrow and as usual I don't know what to say to get their attention. What can I tell them that will give them a real heads up as to just how bad I'm feeling?

I'm starting a new job in 2 weeks and I feel like I'm going to wreck it with my depression. I'd like to give it a fair chance.
Forget the drugs and superficial crap, have you tried taking a walk through nature?

Old 10-03-2022, 06:21 AM

Prozac?
Thats old,there is a book called Prozac Nation,you gain a lot of weight and it does not work?
Anti depressants interfere with the body metabolism of carbos,thats why people gain so much weight.
if they dont work for you,stop taking them.
i found 2 things which make me laugh,I dont know why?
One is watching reruns of GoldenGirls,another is to exercise with Simmons,dance you pants off??
I dont know why,the minute he shows up on screen,I start to laugh?

Old 10-03-2022, 06:22 AM

She needs a boyfriend.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:03 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,910,367 times
LoL yes, I need a boyfriend.

THe good news is that I love my new job, it is much more fulfilling and engaging than the old job. I'm feeling much better overall. I'm taking a larger dose of Abilify with my large dose of Prozac and that seems to help also. I'm able to get out and do some social activities and due to the change in my work schedule I'm able to do pilates and yoga at the gym which I enjoy more than some other classes I was trying. I do eat a low carb diet but it's hard to live without carbs, I think about them all the time.

Alas, the days are getting shorter. I'm going to buy a sunrise clock to stave off seasonal depression.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:22 PM

3,158 posts, read 1,033,787 times
I'm glad you are felling much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health