Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I dont know what to do. Any suggestions.
Give me his name & address and I'll send him some powder sugar in a sealed envelope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
My husband is the exact same way. He is always online watching you-tube videos about new world order, government trying to control us through our water supply, vaccines, chemtrails, foods(GMO).......etc....aliens, UFOs, symbolism, subliminal messages, Pharmaceuticals, world banks, illuminati, rockefeller.... It goes on and on. He even let my baby watch his you-tube videos of symbolisms. He talks to people whenever he can talk, whoever, wherever... He got mad at me in our labor room having a baby because I needed to take epidural. He told me I was ****ed up. He also took most of my pain pill for after birth of my son. He smokes pot. I think he has paranoia. Does your husband do drugs?

This is interesting.
The Conspiracy/Paranoia Trap

It's been hard for me. I found your post when I was researching about conspiracy paranoia. I'm surprised to find someone with the same exact problem.

Please reply.
I'm sorry, but it's a matter of opinion as to who has a problem. I'd say you're visually, hearing-, and perception-impaired and would be just as correct as you claiming he's paranoid.

Oh, and nobody NEEDS epidural. Only those who CHOOSE to take the chance of getting paralyzed use it. Children have been born since the beginning of time without it and will continue to do so.

Last edited by sierraAZ; 02-12-2009 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Well if I had a husband I would change my name to ArtsyguyII

Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,687,537 times
Is there any behavior a married man can engage in without his wife looking to, or someone else suggesting that he need therapy?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Maybe just ignore your husband or change the subject when he brings this stuff up. My mom is like that. Way back in the early 80's she got hooked up with a thing called YHPA (Your Heritage Protection Agency). She got my dad involved in it too. They had special pens for writing checks, they didn't pay taxes, and a bunch of other stuff I was too young to understand. Anyway, this lead to my parents' having YEARS of problems with the IRS.

Of course, my mom gets hyped up on every end-time prophecy or whatever that comes down the pike. That's a given.

Most recently she's been on a Kevin Trudeau kick. He's that jerk who writes books about natural cures that are maybe 2% natural cures and 98% conspiracy theories. She can't hold a conversation without Kevin's name coming up. And the weird sh*t she does now because of what she reads in his books is unbelievable!

My mom will fall for every scam theory that comes down the pike. Perhaps your husband is just gullible, like my mom. My brother and I just ignore her when she starts rambling about this fanatical stuff. Well, I don't even talk to her anymore - but for a different reason.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,553 times
hopefully its just like a cool topic hes reading about and hes enjoying the books aha
idk i dont mean to be imature, but maybe you should like sex him up, or distract him with somthing else
cause world conspiracy is one odd thing to be obsessed with

Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 6,483 times
My husband is the same exact way....chemtrails, conspiracy, american slavery, the Rothschild family, population control....some of it makes sense, much of it is wild. I like to learn and be in the "know" myself.... But one must have a balance, control, and Social etiquitte with these topics, especially if he's a family man.
I struggle w/ the same issues w/ my husband.... He brings up these conversations w/ friends and family and now no one wants to hang out w/ him b-cuz he gets so argumentative and thinks everyone else is stupid for disagreeing. Spends countless hours in front of the computer and believing EVERYTHING he sees/hears. He wants to be a spiritial person and meditate, but never does it. I'm deeply saddened to have to come to terms with divorce or seperation with my husband because he was a great guy, a great dad, a great worker. But he's always had this dark side to him. Thinking that i've cheated on him, coming up with these off-the-wall things that i supposedly have done behind his back. Saying that i have a certain "look" on my face that gives it away. Now, he recently took a turn for the worse and now he thinks people are after him wanting to kill him. He hasn't worked for alomst three years, says he's tired of being a "slave" HELLO we have children! It's so embarrasing. He sits around at home all day, taking care of our daughter but spending way too much time on the computer, letting our home go to shambles. Meanwhile i'm at working busting my butt, then have to come home and pick up his slack. We've tried everything: therapy, medication, moving, joining a group, taking a class, sports, but he continues to be in denial, will not take pills, and makes no effort to get out and do something. I know he's depressed from being home all day, not excercising, workiing, socializing. And that feeds his paranoia. I've suggested taking our duaghter out of the house everyday for a couple hours. Rarely does it. He's so up and down. One day he'll pour his heart out to me and apologize and say he'll do what it takes to make things right. The next day he'll say things that are so selfish and disrespectful and go back to square one w/ his paranoia. And no one can tell him otherwise or he'll bite our heads off. Not even his parents. He was even in a horrible car accident after having a bout of hysteria and paranoia and attempting to leave me and our kids saying he was leaving us for good because i was stupid, he didn't trust me, etc. He even told me to find another man for our daughter. I told him in tears that karma was a B* and that his spirit would be tainted if he left like that(him being the spiritual person he claimed to be). Sure enough, head-on collision, hospitalized for 7 days. What a nightmare. But do you think that turned him around?? Not one bit I'm at the point now where i know i've tried everything and have been as selfless as i can be. I see myself physically aging, turning to pills to make it thru the daily stresses and try to mask the pain. I know i cannot do that anymore.
I know life doesn't have to be like this. LOVE should not be like this.
Thru sickness and in health, i know.
But it takes two, consistantly, to make things work. And so far, this has been a one way street. I've had high hopes for us for so long, supported him and stood by his side regardless what the issue was. My priority was to be the best wife i could be for him. At least i can step back and say i did my part. Now it's time to think about our children and make a positive decision. Who knows, maybe seperating will be the ultimate eye-opener for him.
I shall soon see.
I know you posted this years ago, but i wanted to share my story, i know there are many others with this dilema.
All of these new conspiracy findings are affecting many of us. It's what is called a "Mass Awakening." And unfortunately, the weak minded let it overpower their lives and destroys them and their relationships causing hysteria and paranoia. I think this Internet tool is to blame. But maybe this has been "their" plan to get us all along ......
~Peace.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Buy him a new tinfoil hat for his birthday and he'll be happy.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 AM

332 posts, read 498,129 times
Repeat after me.......

I will not obsess
I will not obsess
I will not obsess
I will not obsess

If this doesn't work for you, please call our toll free number. If nobody answers, don't bother leaving a message, we know where you live and will be in touch shortly........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health