Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,755,151 times

Advertisements

After 2 weeks vacation in Germany (spent xmas and New Years with the my mom's side of the family) and three weeks off from college I am back at hme and with a new classes. On top of that, just as I left for Germany I was offered a job and should be starting any day now. I am a bit nervous (ok maybe a "bit" is the wrong word to use) about getting into a routine and new schedule with work and classes and making time to visit my family and gf. On top of that everything is new and I feel for the first few weeks it would be a overload of "newness". It didn't really help that after the trip, my gf (who does not attend college) went right back to her old schedule at work and here I am starting everything new. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have a new job, a better one then I had before and happy to be in college, one semester closer to my degree. So far, I have only taken one class this semester with one tonight and two tomorrow but so far so good. I don't get it because I am almost a Senior in college and have had many semesters, always changing classes etc. In fact this is somewhat similar than last year when I took a trip to visit my family in England and a week after my trip I had to move 600 miles away from home and start a much more demanding job than am going into now. I survived..why am I nervous? I try to take it day by day but I am very nervous.
Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,096,787 times
I feel your pain! I just came back from visiting family out of state for a week. Started the semester this week, finishing up at my current part-time job this week and will begin a new, full-time job next week. It's stressful! But, all things come to pass, and in a few weeks or so, we'll have a new routine down. Fortunately the first few weeks of the semester usually aren't too stressful, so now is not a terrible time to start a new job.
Just try to relax...make time for the little things in life you find enjoyable and relaxing. Be sure to keep focused and try to create a routine for yourself. For me, that means making sure I get to bed on time every night, and devote a couple of evenings each week and the bulk of the weekend to studying and schoolwork.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I always find exercise the key to calm my nerves. For me running is the best, just me out there with great music and nothing else. Pick something you enjoy, it truly helps with the nerves. If you are up for it, I would suggest Yoga.

Change can be tough, just keep thinking this too will pass. Congrats on the new job!

Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,755,151 times
Thanks for the tips. Its funny to check this thread out almost a year after posting it. Well, my new job really sucked, I was only there for 4 months. The classes were pretty demanding and all in all it was a pretty rough semester. Glad its over with and I'm much happier now with a new (and last!) semester a week away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health