Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 PM

32 posts, read 149,052 times

Advertisements

I've read some of the experiences that people have posted with regard to dental procedures in Mexico. I was hoping to get some more current information and feedback, as well as recommendations for doctors.

I am in need of one dental implant in my lower jaw. I am also told that I will likely need bone grafting to support the implant. Luckily, I work for an airline so I'm able to travel to Mexico rather inexpensively. I live in the Pacific Northwest so I'm not really partial to one region in Mexico over another (i.e.- Tijuana vs. a city or state closer to the Texas border).

Does anyone have any experience with doctors and dental implants in Mexico? If so, can you recommend a doctor and speak about the experience and costs associated with the procedure?

Feel free to send me a private message if you feel that your recommendation would be cut by a moderator.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
I know a very good doctor based in Mexico city, msg me for details, regards

Old 08-09-2010, 01:04 AM

275 posts, read 978,214 times
Mexico have excellent dentists. UNAM and UANL are universities recognized for their job forming dentists.

Border cities are targets for dentists who are looking for different kind of customers, most of them Americans.

Take a look for "hospital angeles" is a chain of premium hospitals. At least rich people of Mexico go to that hospitals.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,507 times
I have had some pretty bad experiences with Mexican dentistry, both times in Tijuana. I began researching dental tourism pretty intensely, I wanted to find a GREAT dentist in Mexico so that not only I, but my friends and family would be able to get their dental work done properly, and at a great price.

I finally settled on Mexican Dental Vacation in Mazatlan. The owner was in exactly the same predicament a few years ago, namely being burned by crappy Mexican dentists, to the point that he decided to set up his own dental clinic.

I can tell you that it was a great experience for me, not all Mexican dentists are crappy, all of the staff there was professional, spoke English, and best of all, 4 years later, I have had no problems with the dental work, and I saved at least 50%.

I am so glad I did the research, my friends and family now have a place to go to get proper dental work.

Oh, the website- [url=http://www.mexicandentalvacation.com]Clean, modern Mexican dentistry you can TRUST- Save 75% on Dental Tourism[/url]

Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,474 times
Default Dental implants

I'm a fan of medical tourism aka outsourcing.... big companies aren't the only ones who can benefit.

Twice I've gone to Tijuana since 2007 for two surgeries. And my sugeron was awesome....but he is no dentist.

Share your stories of going south of the border for dental implants. Gone to a dentist who does this but you didn't have that procedure...share your experience, too.

I need 4 implants with bone grafting on at least one of them. So it's either drink boost/ensure for the rest of my life (I have no insurance and it's my molars that are missing) or look into going to Mexico.

Not looking for dentists....the internet is filled with them.... am looking for experiences and please-name your dentist.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:04 PM

13 posts, read 51,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I'm a fan of medical tourism aka outsourcing.... big companies aren't the only ones who can benefit.

Twice I've gone to Tijuana since 2007 for two surgeries. And my sugeron was awesome....but he is no dentist.

Share your stories of going south of the border for dental implants. Gone to a dentist who does this but you didn't have that procedure...share your experience, too.

I need 4 implants with bone grafting on at least one of them. So it's either drink boost/ensure for the rest of my life (I have no insurance and it's my molars that are missing) or look into going to Mexico.

Not looking for dentists....the internet is filled with them.... am looking for experiences and please-name your dentist.
I had extensive dental work done in Tijuana with Dr. Torres & Dr. Martinez. I had 5 teeth extracted and 3 implants that included bone grafting. Overall, I saved thousands of dollars and I found that the dentists in Mexico don't try to "upsell" you and they genuinely want to save your teeth. Both dentists speak perfect English and their equipment & technology are up to par, and then some as the dentists here in the US. In fact, Dr. Martinez saved a tooth that 3 dentists suggested I have pulled. My implants are now 5 years old and they are holding up fine. The work was done over the course of about 9 months and probably 8-10 appts. Recently, I referred a friend to them and he is very impressed with the quality of the doctors as well.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,490 times
I also have gone to Dr. Torres in Tijuana - about 5 years ago for some crowns and was very pleased. My friend also went to him to fix a problem with an implant, done by an American dentist, with which she was having constant problems. He did a great job. Now I am considering having some implants myself and am going to contact him again.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 8,318 times
Moonafari: Did you end up going to Dr. Torres, and if so, how was your experience? I am now looking for a dentist in tj for implants and other dental work and would like to know if Dr. Torres is still there and how I can contact him.

Any other info from others on this subject would be most appreciated as well.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 10,496 times
I would also be interested in contacting Dr. Torres if anyone has his phone number. Also how easy was it to find his location? Is it a far walk, or does he have any transportation services?
I have a front chipped tooth and it's messing up my daily smiles!!!!
Thanks!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 AM

370 posts, read 1,564,216 times
My husband chipped his tooth in eighth grade - he was playing tetherball for the world championship (NOT) when he tripped over his own feet and hit the pole! He had an acid etch done - it was relatively inexpensive and has lasted for many, many years. Of course, I think you could have a veneer done now but an implant seems a little extreme for a chipped tooth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico