Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 PM

6 posts, read 19,279 times

Advertisements

Looking to go to Cancun in mid-January 2011. Looking for a romantic, all-inclusive hotel for adults only. Sorry, we love kids, just not looking for a party or noisy time. Want something quiet, relaxing and beautiful with great food and beach. Anyone have any suggestions? Is January a good time to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 05:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,167,246 times
I have heard that the Sandals and Hedonism resorts are great. Any travel agent worth their salt should have tons of information about both of them.

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun!

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,607,071 times
There are always tons of deals on travelocity and expedia if you search vacation packages. Be sure and check prices on the resort's website too though to make sure it really is a deal. I use tripadvisor.com a lot too; it's good to cross reference.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:14 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,258,192 times
We just returned from a week at Dreams Rivera Resort, which is just a few miles south of Cancun. While Dreams is not an adults only resort, we enjoyed it so much that I'd suggest considering it's sister hotels for adults, Secrets. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

I believe there are a couple of them near Cancun. If the Secrets Resorts are run like the Dreams Resort where we stayed, I can't imagine not being happy with it. We liked everything about Dreams, but what really stood out was the friendly and helpful staff.

Unlike at some "all inclusive" resorts, tipping was okay, but I thought the prices were very reasonable considering the quality of facilities, food and service.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgthd1 View Post
Looking to go to Cancun in mid-January 2011. Looking for a romantic, all-inclusive hotel for adults only. Sorry, we love kids, just not looking for a party or noisy time. Want something quiet, relaxing and beautiful with great food and beach. Anyone have any suggestions? Is January a good time to go?
I'd go to Riviera Maya if you don't care for the party life in Cancun. Generally the adult-only resorts tend to be more luxurious and more expensive. It's cold in January if you like the beach. It was chilly in the evenings even in early November. Winter is considered high season there, but that's for people from freezing places who just want to warm up a little. One year it wasn't warm enough for me even at the end of May.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,008 times
Sounds like a great trip. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico