Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,753 times

Advertisements

I am interested in going to a language school in Mexico. Does anyone have experience or know a good school they could recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 06:04 AM

14 posts, read 50,747 times
Default More details please

What specifically are you looking for? Individual or a degree program? Any special locations you are interested in?
Brgrds24

Old 07-01-2007, 11:26 AM

I'm looking for somewhere I could do a homestay, learn about the history and culture and I would like to volunteer if possible. Also fairly safe because I am an older woman who has never traveled outside the USA (nervous about doing it alone but still want to do it to finish my college adventure before finding a full-time job.) I did go to Puerto Pensaco once but I was with friends and learned nothing--not interested in tourist towns. I like folk art and learning about cultures. This fall I will be taking a class about business, culture and the state of the USA and Latin America. I lived in New Mexico and learned some about the history of that area. I plan on reading more about the history of Mexico before going.

What is Morelia like? Letsgosee mentioned it was not a big tourist town and I looked it up--it looked interesting.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 AM

14 posts, read 50,747 times
Not certain I'm understanding. You say you are older but then say you are finishing a college experience before a full time job. Is this for future volunteer or are you starting out in your career? This would make a difference in where you may want to explore.
Brgrds24

Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 AM

I had a career in circulation/marketing for magazines and when I turned 50 I decided it was time to look for a new career so I moved to WA state and followed a dream of going to college. I'm trying things I've always wanted to try and didn't because I was busy raising children and working. I've tried to learn Spanish since I was 18--I have many college credits in Spanish but still don't know the language. I've also had some literature and history of the conquest by Spain. I want to read more of Sor Juana's work (interested in women's studies too.)

Ever since visiting Mexico I wanted to go back but in a way that I can learn more about the people, their art, history, and language. Before I finish college and get another full-time job seems a good time--which will be next spring. I don't care about more college credits--I have enough to graduate but wanted to stay in college for the fourth year to learn more. I've learned how little I know. I don't know what the future will be-possibly museum work or public administration for a non-profit and always some volunteer work and doing art in my free time.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM

180 posts, read 122,139 times
There are lots of language schools here in Cuernavaca, and it's a nice place to live.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 5,328 times
Smile Language School With Nacel

Hi!!

I took Spanish courses in Playa del Carmen (Mexico) and it reminds an excellent memory! I attended a 4-week-program with Nacel, a French company which promotes linguistic travels all other the world.
I stayed in a nice Mexican family’ house and I took classes on mornings and part of the afternoons and I had free times to do many activities and to visit this paradise on earth! The school is really beautiful and the teachers were very nice with us. I really recommend this program for those who are interested in learning or improving their linguistic skills in Spanish while learning Mexican culture and having fun!
I checked and managed to find the link

Language Schools Mexico with Nacel International

I hope it can be useful for some of you.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:01 AM

they also have a a company in mexico :
. . . index . . .

Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 AM

Language Schools Mexico with Nacel International

Here is the link eventually!!!
Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico