Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,725 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I am an artist from europe and I am thinking about moving to Veracruz or Cancun. I am a single mom of 33 years old and my lil girl is 1 year old, I just want to live in a warm place with warm people and enjoy the life in community. I currently work as tattoo artist and I´ve been thinking about opening a tattoo shop in veracruz or cancun (maybe with a small art gallery) where I can work with tourists. I´d love to hear about people living there, I speak spanish and english so language is not a problem for me. Any advice is welcome, thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Pretty much it comes down to this, tourists in Cancun are foreigners for the most part and the tourists in Veracruz are Mexicans by and large. Most Mexicans will not get a tatoo, your market will be fairly limited compared to Cancun, but maybe there isn't much competition either as I am sure there are plenty of choices to get ink in Cancun.

As for lifestyle, Cancun is a party all around the tourist zone and the locals zone is mostly people who moved from elsewhere in Mexico for the work opportunities, so there is no real local sense of community at all. Veracruz is very much a unique local lifestyle and the tourist party zone is fairly contained to a couple of distinct small areas. If you are in Veracruz you will very much feel like you are in a Mexican city, Cancun can to a great degree feel like being in Texas or Florida. For your particular lifestyle it will come down to if you want to live with a community of expats in Cancun or want to assimilate into the Mexican community in Veracruz.

Of course the beaches in Cancun are amazing and the beaches in Veracruz border on being terrible so if the beach is a big deal to you then its not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico