Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 AM

42 posts, read 214,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
lol how would mexicans be able to tell salvadoreans apart from themselves...they are both mestizos

if they are the same people then why don't they look a bit different from each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 AM

39 posts, read 147,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
lol how would mexicans be able to tell salvadoreans apart from themselves...they are both mestizos
Mexicans according to you look mulatto :rollseyes:

Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
if they are the same people then why don't they look a bit different from each other?
I can distinguish them each other by their accents. the way how they speak..

Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
That is false. Most are supported by mexicans to reach their destination.
How soo? Why are salvadorans called "zerrotes" then?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
Mexicans according to you look mulatto :rollseyes:
some obviously do....well the ones I see around here in the east coast do

Old 12-23-2012, 02:14 AM

567 posts, read 1,119,607 times
Yeah, there's been some tensions over the years, as far as Los Angeles goes. That some Mexicans regarded Salvadorans as "dirty" is not untrue (not to mention temperamental), but as always, it's not a universal. I sometimes heard second gen Mexican kids use the epithet "Salvie", which is enough to start a fight. Also, I think Salvadorans would get even more pissed off than Puerto Ricans or Cubans whenever they'd get mistaken for Mexicans.

As far as gang B.S. goes, MaraSalvaTrucha (you mostly hear them referred to as "MS-13", but I always heard them referred to as "Las Truchas") was formed in the 80s for self-protection because the Salvadoran refugee kids were getting messed with by local Mexican gangs that were already there. The very first ones didn't have the "cholo" look, they were long-haired hesher dudes with Slayer t-shirts.

The gang B.S. aside, assimilated and educated young people of either Mexican or Salvadoran descent have absolutely no reason not to get along. (Just like with Irish and Italians on the East Coast.) Also, there didn't seem to be the same divisions in Las Vegas where everyone's more or less a recent transplant. Also, Salvadoran food is pretty good, almost as good as Mexican food. Dang, I haven't had me a pupusa in a very long time.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 AM

154 posts, read 454,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
Yeah, there's been some tensions over the years, as far as Los Angeles goes. That some Mexicans regarded Salvadorans as "dirty" is not untrue (not to mention temperamental), but as always, it's not a universal. I sometimes heard second gen Mexican kids use the epithet "Salvie", which is enough to start a fight. Also, I think Salvadorans would get even more pissed off than Puerto Ricans or Cubans whenever they'd get mistaken for Mexicans.

As far as gang B.S. goes, MaraSalvaTrucha (you mostly hear them referred to as "MS-13", but I always heard them referred to as "Las Truchas") was formed in the 80s for self-protection because the Salvadoran refugee kids were getting messed with by local Mexican gangs that were already there. The very first ones didn't have the "cholo" look, they were long-haired hesher dudes with Slayer t-shirts.

The gang B.S. aside, assimilated and educated young people of either Mexican or Salvadoran descent have absolutely no reason not to get along. (Just like with Irish and Italians on the East Coast.) Also, there didn't seem to be the same divisions in Las Vegas where everyone's more or less a recent transplant. Also, Salvadoran food is pretty good, almost as good as Mexican food. Dang, I haven't had me a pupusa in a very long time.

Besides popusas. What is Salvadorian food? I don’t remember seen anything else, unless you consider the Salvadorian version of Mexican food to be Salvadorian. If you go to a Salvadorian restaurant, you will find they sell popusas and the rest is Mexican food. Like some restaurants sell Salvadorian tacos, I mean what is that?. I would like to know other Salvadorian dishes that are well known besides popusas. Just don’t say Salvadorian tacos, or Salvadorian menudo, All that is Mexican, but since culinary they don’t have enough variety of dishes they have to barrow from Mexican food. So many people that goes to Salvadorian restaurant think that they are getting salvadorian food, while they are getting Mexican food, other than popusas pretty much everything they sell is Mexican food. This is weird since they are resentful almost hating towards Mexicans, and they get offended when they are call Mexicans, they don’t mind presenting Mexican food as of their own creation.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
I'm guessing but is it the same reason Texans think New Yorkers are beneath them?
Blame the media.

Pace Picante Commercial (1994) - YouTube

Old 12-23-2012, 05:00 PM

42 posts, read 214,616 times
when you look at the facts the Mexicans are simply outnumbered when you add all of the other Hispanic nationalities together, it's Mexicans vs Hispanics who are Not Mexican, this is how it is in NY. It's the Puerto Ricans who REALLY hate Mexicans. Just watch these 2 videos. The Mexicans are treated like hyenas in NY while the other Hispanics are considered the big cats. Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorians, and Colombians would be considered lions and tigers working together to protect their pride from the hyena (Mexican) who is weak and an outcast. I would hate to be Mexican.

Last edited by Geulivier; 12-23-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM

154 posts, read 454,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
when you look at the facts the Mexicans are simply outnumbered when you add all of the other Hispanic nationalities together, it's Mexicans vs Hispanics who are Not Mexican, this is how it is in NY. It's the Puerto Ricans who REALLY hate Mexicans. Just watch these 2 videos. The Mexicans are treated like hyenas in NY while the other Hispanics are considered the big cats. Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorians, and Colombians would be considered lions and tigers working together to protect their pride from the hyena (Mexican) who is weak and an outcast. I would hate to be Mexican.

What is this all about? do you enjoy the videos. Why not be straight about you feeling toward Mexicans, why are you such a coward like those fools in the video. In all the videos there was one Mexican against many. Any ways that doesn’t represent all the Hispanic community, as you are trying desperately to portray. Just imagine what would happen to the salvis riding the train in their way to the us if the Mexicans, in Mexico knew what you do to Mexicans whenever you get a chance. The people in those vid are just low lifers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico