Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times

Advertisements

Hi people, what made you fall in love for Mexico?
do you like it for holidays or have you thought about living here?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I think it was the people, the open markets, and the architecture.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
When working in climes farther south, I would often go to Veracruz State, the City of Veracruz and acclimate for a week or two, when returning to the states, I would stop in Veracruz (City) to be around civilization again before returning to the states. Y, Las mujeres de Veracruz son muy hermosa, inteligente, y agradable. Gracias a todas! Also the food in Veracruz is as different from the food in the rest of Mexico as the food in New Orleans is different from the food in the rest of the U.S. If you have never had "Red Snapper Veracruz" or any of the other shrimp or crawfish dishes, you owe yourself the treat. D

Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I thought that the food in Oaxaco was the best in all of Mexico. I doubt if I wrote down the name of a restaurant that we ate at every night because the food was so wonderful. All I recall is that I think it was North of the large church near the park, and that they had a menu on a long narrow piece of paper. We went and ordered something different each night with cerveza and salt and lime.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 AM

Oaxaca is so awesomeeeee, oh my dear sweet Oaxaca, land of mages, shamans and mystical energies, beautiful beaches, excellent places to surf, awesome sierras and home of one of the most beautiful colonial cities in Mexico.

Oaxaca is one of the reasons I love Mexico so much.

if someone wants to fall in love with Mexico forever, go to Chacagua it is a natural reserve about 1 - 2 hours far from Puerto escondido

Love and Light

Last edited by Travelling fella; 10-24-2007 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
I like all of Latin America as i've lived along the Mexican and New Mexican Border most of my life and have been exposed to the culture and customs and ways of Mexicans. I also was so lucky being in the Navy getting to go to Panama, Guatamala, Costa Rica, El Savador and also Grenada just off the Venezuelan coast.....

I do wish i could see the Aztecan Pyramids in Mexico City DF and visit Los Pinos to meet President Calderon and also visit the coastal cities in the Yucatan and Quintana Roo.....

Old 11-08-2007, 02:37 PM

41 posts, read 122,179 times
It's definitely the beaches of Cancun, well pretty much all that Cancun had to offer. After a hectic week of planning our wedding, Cancun rewarded us with pampering and R&R. I am also a big fanatic of Mexican cuisine, especially spicy dishes. We dined at a local restaurant where they served up some homemade salsa. Let me just say that my mouth was burning in flames for the remainder of the afternoon. And this is coming from a guy who thinks kimchi is bland.

I also have a deep respect for Mexicans' work ethic. Their recovery efforts to be up and running after Hurricane Wilma is a testament to how hard these people work.

I have thought about retiring in Cancun, and always bring up the topic to my wife. Sure, it is a great place to vacation. But what I truly wonder is how day to day life would be like in Cancun, or pretty much all of Mexico.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:11 AM

Also being from New Mexico and raised along the border i have to say that really love the Ladies (mujeres) of Mexico. I would love to marry a beautiful Senorita from Mexico. Yes i could retire in Mexico so lets hope the Government under Calderon continues to modernize the country.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Also being from New Mexico and raised along the border i have to say that really love the Ladies (mujeres) of Mexico. I would love to marry a beautiful Senorita from Mexico. Yes i could retire in Mexico so lets hope the Government under Calderon continues to modernize the country.
I hope so too 6 FOOT, I don't know if you've heard the news, we got a bad flood in Villahermosa, Tabasco's capital and he's managing things right much better than any other president who had to face a disaster of that magnitude, Villahermosa is the New, New Orleans

When you are ready to retire here my home is your home señor!
welcome to Mexico señor!

Old 11-10-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I hope so too 6 FOOT, I don't know if you've heard the news, we got a bad flood in Villahermosa, Tabasco's capital and he's managing things right much better than any other president who had to face a disaster of that magnitude, Villahermosa is the New, New Orleans

When you are ready to retire here my home is your home señor!
welcome to Mexico señor!
Oh yeah its all on the news here about the flooding down there as thats just terrible and hope the world can pitch in to help out.

Muchas Muchas Gracias for the warm welcome to your beautiful country. We get alot of the Noticias en televisa about Mexico but most are out of Miami but the one i like is out of Distito Federal which is Noticiero de Galavision as it deals mainly with Meixco and not Latin America like Univision and of course i like Paola Rojas is the most Beautiful and sexy newswoman i have ever seen.

Keep up the good fight......

6'3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico