Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times

Advertisements

NEM... Bear, living in Mexico City, I saw my share of protests and they were mostly about not likeing something or wanting some more freebees above what they were already getting. Mostly local mexicans from what I could tell. " ILLEGAL GRINGOS?? marching" naw, just maybe a few American observers as there were many in the City. Pista Bacsi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 AM

291 posts, read 648,449 times
you dont capture the irony of the post...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Original OP was about moving LEGALLY???? or otherwise to Mexico. Anyone can visit Mexico and overstay their VISA but will have a BIGGGGG problem to get past the Imigration/Customs Officer on trying to return. Anyone with adequate FUNDS/MONEY can stay hidden and never get caught while in MEXICO CITY. The large population is easy to mix with. Do not drive and you will not be stopped by any police. The Metro system will take a person just about anywhere in the city along with the large bus system to outline areas. I've rode it all. I look American and unless spoken too by someone, they would always speak to me in Spanish and on my answering they heard my limited spanish and pronoucing of words. My wife participated in a PRI rally and I also saw a GAY PRIDE parade of about 5000 Gay/Lesbiens, also college students protesting that they were not given FREE PENCILS and PAPER by the school, also a labor workers rally parade. Could go on but won't bore you all. Stefhen

Old 07-07-2008, 04:54 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
My wife participated in a PRI rally and I also saw a GAY PRIDE parade of about 5000 Gay/Lesbiens, also college students protesting that they were not given FREE PENCILS and PAPER by the school, also a labor workers rally parade. Could go on but won't bore you all. Stefhen
It doesn't get boring at all, that's Mexican-ness in it's fullest expression hahahaha, definitively there's no place like Mexico and the best is that people usually get away with what they want

Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 AM

I've stumbled upon three illegal americans living in Mexico, two were brothers and lived in San Luis Potosi, the girl gave english classes at an school and the guy organized parties in a small bar, I also met a woman of about 50 years in Puerto Vallarta who gave Yoga classes, both 3 openly told me that they were in Mexico illegaly.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times

[SIZE=5]sanchezfrank[/SIZE]

Quote:
Moving to Mexico because my husband was denied a visa

Also, I read in these forums quite a lot about relocating to Mexico, but the cities which my husband thinks is are good choices for us were not mentioned. Those cities are Cuautla and Cuernavaca, Morelos. My husband says the weather there is beautiful and there is access to some American restaurants and even a Wal-Mart. Does anyone know about these cities or has lived there? I have returned to the States in order to sell everything we have here and let our son finish out his school year, and due to lack of funds (we're broke from paying immigration, what a total waste of money!) I won't be able to travel there again until it's time to move. I have no idea what kind of home we will be able to afford until I have sold what few assets we have here, and I know that life will be very different.
Hola! I can tell you something about the Cuidad de Cuernavca as I had planned to move there, but was unable to do so becuase of financial and health considerations. Cuernavava is known as the "City of the Eternal Spring" (Ciudad de la Primavera Eterna), the weather in Cuernavaca is ideal all year wrong. Cuernvaca is also a popular tourist city, not only for Mexico, but for countries around the world, especiall Spanish speaking countries. Cuernavaca is noted for its many laungage schools and there are many students from around the world. I beleive that you will find Cuernavaca an ideal location for a family to live! Here is a page link to Cuernavca which will be helpful in deciding on a location in Mexico. I hope that you can get your immigration and visa problems corrected. Buena suerte!

Cuernavaca, info on the city its Schools Restaurants and Hotels

Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antgar View Post
If that has happened 2 years a go, why continue generalizing on the same thing??? let it go...

Regards...
Well --- there are events from far longer than 2 years ago that some aren't letting go. Like the Texas Independence and Gadsen Purchase.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:13 AM

291 posts, read 648,449 times
those events did not compare

Old 07-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well --- there are events from far longer than 2 years ago that some aren't letting go. Like the Texas Independence and Gadsen Purchase.
as far as I know, those 2 topics are not common in the everyday conversation between 2 mexicans.

Respect!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
as far as I know, those 2 topics are not common in the everyday conversation between 2 mexicans.

Respect!

Maybe not the Mexicans in Mexico but we in the USA often hear it from the Mexicans living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico