Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,108,522 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a website that allows you to browse Mexican real estate listings by map?

I am looking for something like Zillow and other sites have, where you can draw a circle around an area in which you are looking for properties.

Thanks!
Jo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 10:38 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,910,331 times
Not happening anytime soon. If you find some sites with listings you will be lucky to see 10% of whats on the market. Prices will be super inflated because no one has ever paid asking price from a Mexican, its all negotiable. And in areas that are even the slightest bit dangerous many will be afraid to list their home even with a sign because someone will come and extort them. So good luck with that, maybe in 10 years you will get what you are hoping for.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM

1,302 posts, read 685,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Any suggestions for a website that allows you to browse Mexican real estate listings by map?

I am looking for something like Zillow and other sites have, where you can draw a circle around an area in which you are looking for properties.

Thanks!
Jo
¿What areas are you interested in?

For Rent https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/...enta-inmuebles

For Sale https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/...enta-inmuebles

Old 06-16-2018, 12:09 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,108,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I have a few areas in mind.

I'd like to find a colonial building in a medium to small mountain town or on the coast. Not too trendy like Guanajuato or San Miguel de Allende, GTO--more like San Luis Potosi. Or even much smaller. Somewhere with a lively folk music culture, trees, plazas, and colonial buildings--in the mountains. I love son huasteco and son huapango, therefore I am interested in Xilitla. I have much travelling and research to do.

a few small towns that intrigue me:

Xilitla
Talpa de Allende
Coalcomán de Vázquez Pallares
Santa María Jaltianguis
Celestún

Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 AM

340 posts, read 1,048,073 times
Keep us posted please on what you find. We have family in Guanajuato so the area is familiar.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 AM

3,714 posts, read 6,003,711 times
Your best bet is going to be physically going to these places and finding a local real estate agent, not one that deals with gringos but a local one.

Bets of luck. I've been to Celestun and was mighty intrigued by the place as well--even took pictures of some se vende signs on the walls. Okayish beach and with an authentic little Mexican town right there. Could develop a little expat scene if things went just right.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,019,310 times
I have to learn how a gringo go about buying land in Mexico or Central America.

Who do you have to get in touch with? Can you trust the system in Mexico as a gringo doing business there especially if you are not a large corporation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico