Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 08:59 PM

991 posts, read 1,522,262 times

Advertisements

Looking to take an extended vacation with dogs. Being in driving distance from the AZ border is a positive.

Can folks please tell me their experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM

317 posts, read 374,481 times
It's nice for about 2 to 3 days. The Malecon by the water has a lot of shops. They are building some nice condos and high rises by the Sea of Cortez. About 60 miles from the border - the road is a good condition. It was cool when we went in December and not very crowded. But Spring break is probably another story.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:35 AM

234 posts, read 499,605 times
My father in law and brother in law have been there about 20 years. My wife and I have been traveling down there yearly to visit for the past 6 years and I grew up in AZ so know the area pretty well. Like dmlandis said it's OK for 2-3 days. Yes for spring break it is extremely crowded. We happened to be there last year over Easter and got the last hotel room in the place. Music all night on the beach haha. Almost as bad as spring break but more families so that was cool. Probably your best bet would be to rent a small house in Cholla Bay or Las Conchas. You will be further from the action, but will be quieter and I'd think a better place with dogs. I'm not sure most condos will allow dogs, but worth checking into. Weather is temperate all year, but really hot in the summer. However in the summer the water is much warmer and more swimmable. I prefer spring or late summer/fall to visit, but we've gone year round and each season has its positives and negatives.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:17 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,555,349 times
We went for 4th of July weekend recently, stayed at Sonoran Spa. Hanging out on our deck on the 4 floor at 11PM we were playing music on our phone and security came a knocking.

The Sonoran condos (Sun, Spa, Sky etc) are serious about keeping things quiet for guests at night, even on holiday weekends. Holiday weekends are really not that crowded, but I am comparing to how jam packed the beaches get here in San Diego. There is still plenty of breathing room on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico