Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 01:08 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times

Advertisements

I just saw yesterday several AMerican friends posting videos from the Yucatan.

What is the vaccination situation in Mexico like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 05:05 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,569,884 times
Slow but steady with a pretty disparate arsenal of Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Sputnik, Cansino, Sinovac, and J&J. The demand is highest for Pfizer, but it isn't always known what will be available at a given vaccine site. I've heard some people find out it is either of the two Chinese ones at their vax event they take a pass, hoping for something better next time.

In Jalisco they did frontline workers then started by age, I think (but not sure) currently doing 50 years +.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:27 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,819 times
From what I have read and seen in Nuevo Leon State:

1.) Most people 60 years and older already have both doses, the vaccines that have been given the most to that age group are Pfizer and Astra Zeneca.

2.) Most of the people 50 years and older already have the first dose, the vaccines that have been given the most to that age group are Astra Zeneca and Sinovac and less of Pfizer.

3.) They are starting with the application of vaccines to those over 40 years of age and over, the Astra Zeneca and Sinovac vaccines are the most being used.

4.) In a few weeks they will start with the vaccines to those over 30 years old.

5.) Almost all teachers already have the Cansino vaccine in a single application.

6.) Many north border residents already have the J&J one-shot vaccine.

7.) The Sputnik and Sinopharm vaccines appear to be the least received and those are most in southern states.

There appears to be a campaign on social media against the Sputnik and Cansino vaccines. The government has just approved the Pfizer vaccine for those over 12 years of age, they will be the last to be vaccinated.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:58 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post

6.) Many north border residents already have the J&J one-shot vaccine.
Any issues with that vaccine?

Old 06-30-2021, 08:23 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,740,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I crossed from San Diego to Tijuana last weekend for the first time since Feb 2020. We were in TJ and Rosarito doing the tourist thing from 11AM until 2AM. The covid protocols actually feel more adequate in TJ than they do in SD. Every place we went to in TJ required temp checks and hand sanitizer at the door, masks required everywhere as well.

Although the protocols were more stringent in TJ than anything I ever witnessed in SD, in my opinion all the protocols were just for show and to make people feel better about being out and about
was just in wine country this past weekend. I'll agree the wineries were more stringent than many places in SD. Of course like any eatery once you sit down you can go mask free. We had a driver who did not ask us to wear masks, but I bet if we wanted him to he would have. Other than wineries we didn't go in many places.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:24 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Any issues with that vaccine?
Just the usual, arm pain mainly that goes away in the next few days.

There are no reports of serious effects so far.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:54 AM

283 posts, read 989,687 times
I have spent 6 weeks there in the last 7 months. So no..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico