Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubalu View Post
Long story. But it's the same as moving to the US. Canada, US, not much different except for what you mentioned, high taxes.
Well explain the story I would like to hear, DM?

Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM

124 posts, read 529,747 times
Seeing this thread is still alive, let me tell you something about the white Mexicans being the higher classes... well that may be true 10 years ago... right now there are a lot of white people (like my family and myself) barely surviving doing menial work because of age discrimination. Being a 42 y/o electronics engineer and my wife a public accountant, we couldn´t be able to get a decent pay job since we have been laid off. And there are a lot of "white people" in the same boat.

Now you can see thousands of "brown" Mexicans living a higher class life, because they have aquitances or relatives in goverment or other high profile companies... not counting people who do dirty work (like money laundring etc.)

And, yes... I wish I could migrate to the USA, Canada or wherever I could work hard to give my family what they deserve. But being well rised and educated, I would never try to do that ilegally, and doing that in a legal way is too difficult.

My two cents

Old 06-13-2008, 12:58 PM

75 posts, read 142,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Well explain the story I would like to hear, DM?
Too private to tell here, sorry .

Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 AM

423 posts, read 1,281,372 times
I wish alot of mexicans would stop with that brown pride nonsense. I'm proud to be mexican but people would look at me weirdly if they saw me shouting "Brown Pride" (My skin color is too light)

Old 06-14-2008, 02:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antgar View Post
You're wrong, Mexico is not a racist country, there is some grades of discrimination, but racism like you see in USA never....

Regards...
Looking at Mexican telenovelas; I wonder about that country's racism-----especially considering the standard of beauty in most of Latin America/Spain is white skin and blue eyes.

The leading roles are usually portrayed by Mexicans of English, Danish, Spanish, etc. heritage with the maid, gardener, etc. done by stereotypical Mestizos.

If 'brown' people were a small minority; that would be one thing, but......White Mexicans are only about 10% of the population SOB.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtronics View Post
Seeing this thread is still alive, let me tell you something about the white Mexicans being the higher classes... well that may be true 10 years ago... right now there are a lot of white people (like my family and myself) barely surviving doing menial work because of age discrimination. Being a 42 y/o electronics engineer and my wife a public accountant, we couldn´t be able to get a decent pay job since we have been laid off. And there are a lot of "white people" in the same boat.

Now you can see thousands of "brown" Mexicans living a higher class life, because they have aquitances or relatives in goverment or other high profile companies... not counting people who do dirty work (like money laundring etc.)

And, yes... I wish I could migrate to the USA, Canada or wherever I could work hard to give my family what they deserve. But being well rised and educated, I would never try to do that ilegally, and doing that in a legal way is too difficult.

My two cents
I heard about Mexico and its problem with people 'above a certain age'. Sad and stupid.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I heard about Mexico and its problem with people 'above a certain age'. Sad and stupid.
Ahh AzBear ageism is a problem here too:

Quote:
Interesting poll on Good Morning America today. Race is not considered a big issue... but age is! 40% polled said age was a major concern.

Even more interesting, age-related issues are becoming an increasing concern with voters. The more people think about it, the more they realize (or at least wonder if) there is such a thing as being too old for a job.
//www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...g-concern.html

Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM

291 posts, read 648,758 times
Why americans are so worried about Mexico and it's problems? I don't seem the same attitude from mexicans towards americans

Regards..

Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Quote:
Why americans are so worried about Mexico and it's problems? I don't seem the same attitude from mexicans towards americans

Regards..
You should make another thread asking this, it is bound to get a lot of replies...

Old 06-17-2008, 11:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Because if you haven't noticed lately, Mexico's problems have spilled well beyond Mexico's border and into our country. They are exporting their poverty to the U.S. Mexico's problems are our problems too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico