Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,651 times

Advertisements

WITH ALLTHE CRIME, DRUGS, AND GANG-RELATED ISSUES IN TIJUANA, does any one wonders what will happen to America's finest city, which borders it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 07:56 PM

35 posts, read 148,517 times
it will be a cesspool rivaling Los Angeles within a decade or two. California is past it's prime...

::sells house::

Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM

267 posts, read 1,289,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaTraveler View Post
it will be a cesspool rivaling Los Angeles within a decade or two. California is past it's prime...

::sells house::
An article in the paper the other day said that in 2050 all of the U.S. will look like California and Florida does today. I'm sure Google has those articles if you want to read up on them. The article was basing it on the trends projected by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:58 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
WITH ALLTHE CRIME, DRUGS, AND GANG-RELATED ISSUES IN TIJUANA, does any one wonders what will happen to America's finest city, which borders it?
This negative and negative and negative posts about Mexico will just scare people away from this forum, and only people who wants to see the stain in the neighboor's eye without seeing the splash on his will come.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
some picture of this dreaded city LOL

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/673/cecutys1.jpg (broken link)

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2652/aeropuertolw2.png (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 10:15 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
Did anyone else notice that brand new Lincoln Navigator?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
I've been to TJ many, many times, and I can honestly say, if someone has never been to Mexico before, this is one of the last places I'd suggest visiting. It's dirty, disorganized, and unsafe. Just driving on down to Ensenada, you'd think they were in two different countries. Mexico has much more to offer than the border towns.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:38 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Default San Diego jealous of Tijuana

I've been frequenting TJ for over 10 years now, coming from Las Vegas, and will oftentimes spend 2-3 days in Central Tijuana, safely prowling the streets until 4AM, and I've never had a bad incident to report in 10 years, and I feel as safe there as I do in Las Vegas or San Diego. I have been all over Mexico and I still find TJ to be one of the most exciting cities in Mexico. It has far more potential for beauty than San Diego, it has the potential to be the San Francisco of Mexico. If you've ever climbed up to one of those steep hills you see as you approach Tijuana from San Diego, and looked north on a clear, sunny day and see all of San Diego and the Bay at your feet, it's a view worth paying for! Tijuana is a city of steep hills, and once developed properly, it could rival San Francisco for exciting hillside construction. I forever marvel at the intensity and urban qualities of Cental Tijuana. I can walk down any street in Central (NOT Revolution as I never go there) and trip after trip I'll notice shops I hadn't seen the last trip I took there. One of negligent aspects of U.S. urban planners, trying to lure people into their inner cities, is the abscence of grocery stores. Las Vegas has built some new high rises in downtown Las Vegas, and as you expect from U.S. urban planners, no grocery store. You still need a car to drive out of the city to shop for groceries. When staying in Central Tijuana, it's a real luxury to be able to walk a short ways to a big grocery store. What Tijuana needs is some high-rise condo construction in Central Tijuana, and the city will be off to the races! I fly to San Diego from Las Vegas and I can't get on that Tijuana Trolley fast enough to get away from that unspeakable sterility of downtown San Diego. Do they wash the sidewalks with Pine Sol every night? To me, it's unsufferably BORING!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM

334 posts, read 827,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Yep, San Diego has soooo few problems. A newspaper down here actually suggested avoiding San Diego and LA because they are unsafe. I found the following elsewhere, and have not validated it's accuracy, but believe it's correct,

By the way, here are the F.B.I. statistics for crime in San Diego in 2007.
Murder 65
Forcible Rape 406
Robbery 162
Aggravated
Assault 5269
Burglary 8076
Larceny 25,739
Car Theft 12,567
Arson 238

Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 AM

3 posts, read 12,429 times
Default Adventures in Tiajuana

I've been to Tiajuana last year. took a whole day and walked up the hills south of the border area and saw things that would drive a gringo insane! Federal Police everywhere and everywhere I went, it seemed like someone was getting arrested on one of the obscure side streets by them. Drug shake downs. One of the pics was of a bridge not far from the border. I walked across it and you have to watch where your going. Large gaps in the side. I bet lots of burrachos have had accidents on that bridge! Missed the large cenetary way in the back of Tiajuana. Great friendly people and I had an adventure walking back down into Tiajuana after dark. Not dangerous as long as you mind your own business. All was well until I got stoped by the cops near the border and told I had a fake $10 bill on me and had to pay a "fine". My Spanish kind of made them more polite to me as they collected their fine. I learned to NOT CROSS THE BORDER ALONE! If your walking alone, you get picked on. Got searched about three times.
But with NAFTA and open borders and a corrupt government in Mexico that seems to be more interested in creating more billionaires than developing their country and all that filth and corruption heading North, it's a matter of time when you won't notice much difference.
Would I go again to Tiajuana? Hell yeah. I love the adventure! But the next time, I won't go alone. Not because of the people, but to navagate the police better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico