Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM

53 posts, read 93,425 times

Advertisements

When former US president George Bush decided to have border fencing constructed to prevent illegal immigration how did most Mexican people feel?

I read that former Mexican president Vincente Fox and current Mexican president Felipe Calderon were angered and at one point considered requesting that the United Nations intervene and stop the construction of the border fence?

The opinion polls in the United States showed that many US citizens agreed with the border fence construction but how did most ordinary, non-governmental Mexican citizens feel about the construction of border fencing?

Were most opposed to the decision?

Were most indifferent towards the decision?

Were any supportive of the decision?

If you are a Mexican citizen how do you feel about the decision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:51 PM

23,303 posts, read 29,172,225 times
Default Good idea?

The real underlying reason for the fence is to keep Americans from fleeing across the Border to search for work during severe economic times.

Aren't jobs tight enough in Mexico?

LOL!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 PM

124 posts, read 530,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The real underlying reason for the fence is to keep Americans from fleeing across the Border to search for work during severe economic times.

Aren't jobs tight enough in Mexico?

LOL!
Good one!

Cheers!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,451,692 times
In all honesty, I believe that the wall fence is nothing but the wall of hippocrisy, supposedly they are going to do something about illegal immigrants but the truth is that so far it's just all talk and no real action

Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,423,900 times
Not a huge deal. It'll probably make the coyotes invest in shovels and ladders but I'm sure they'll find a way to continue their operations. Am I right or am I right?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,202,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Not a huge deal. It'll probably make the coyotes invest in shovels and ladders but I'm sure they'll find a way to continue their operations. Am I right or am I right?
And the odds are growing that our BP may borrow a page from their Mexican counterparts in how the latter deal with illegals from Guatemala.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,580,210 times
I would imagine most Mexican taxpayers would be unwilling to "chip in and pay their share"..even though, theoretically, they'd benefit in the fact that a border fence would stop invading gringos headed south, just as easily as it would stop anyone from going north.

I guess it's up to Mexico whether or not they paint their side of the structure...and what color they choose.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 AM

409 posts, read 2,636,934 times
It is an economic incentive to help local businesses and contractors across the US border.
It is a symbol of the US' attitute towards immigration.
Nothing more.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM

15 posts, read 89,913 times
Mexicans have trouble understanding why Americans can't build bridges instead of walls. With all of the claimed intelligence, why can't America developed a mechanism (besides a wall) for dealing with Mexico? More money was spent on building the wall than supporting undocumented aliens from Mexico.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,202,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country John View Post
Mexicans have trouble understanding why Americans can't build bridges instead of walls. With all of the claimed intelligence, why can't America developed a mechanism (besides a wall) for dealing with Mexico? More money was spent on building the wall than supporting undocumented aliens from Mexico.
How would Mexico feel if 4+ million Americans descended on SoB illegally and demanded special rights? Methinks the Mexican people would be extremely angry at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico