Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times

Advertisements

re OP
no brainer cut of jr's allowance money. where do you think he gets the cash for the fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 10:05 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most of Mexico is very safe, it's only the border towns that are not. I believe much of that has to do with the instability of the border towns, the reasons that many live in them is they are just a stepping stone to the USA, they don't plan to stay in them for long.
I agree completely. (And my discussion with lalo wasn't to suggest that all of Mexico is unsafe but to show that cartel activity/violence is not limited to the border.) The border towns have a high transient population, both those looking to get into the U.S. and those attracted from poorer regions to the maquiladoras. There isn't that "sense of community" that is so strong in the interior.

And contrary to what lalo or juanpablo may think, I love Mexico and it's people. I'm just not going to tolerate America bashing and blaming.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
I agree completely. (And my discussion with lalo wasn't to suggest that all of Mexico is unsafe but to show that cartel activity/violence is not limited to the border.) The border towns have a high transient population, both those looking to get into the U.S. and those attracted from poorer regions to the maquiladoras. There isn't that "sense of community" that is so strong in the interior.

And contrary to what lalo or juanpablo may think, I love Mexico and it's people. I'm just not going to tolerate America bashing and blaming.
That's exactly it and those who like to bash and blame the USA for everything are also the first to claim that Mexico is a hell hole they cannot live in or try to improve. They lie and claim that people in Mexico are starving to death when that's not the case at all, they claim Mexico is too dangerous for them yet insist they must come and profit from the nation they claim is the problem.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:50 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
I find it a little difficult understanding some of the posters here based upon their statements about Mexico and it's difficulties. Have NO way of knowing their background or expertise as when I look at their profile it's blank. I do not know if the person is only speaking based upon C-D posts or what they read in the news. Some may have visited Mexico once or twice and yet have a vast opinion of the country which lacks first hand extensive knowledge.

Do feel that if a person wants any recognition of their posts they should show some background info and experience to validate their opinions. Just shooting off does not impress me one iota.

I have lived in Mexico over 16 yrs now...three yrs in Mexico City with a Mexican wife...many educated degreed friends and some with little education. They are all the salt of the earth so to speak...easy going...a little hard working and still happy. I could name streets...places...conditions to back up any of my statements on my experiences. Many of the posters are only speaking in generalities and with hypothesis.

Would like to see some good facts on personal experiences in Mexico other then visiting the border cities and quoting from the boob tube news.

Going back to the profile thing...without a valid profile a post could be considered mute or fiction.

After reading a post will sometimes look up the posters profile before making any comment as I'd like to know what kind of person I'm dealing with...could be a 16 yr old or a Ph.d.

Going to ruffle some feathers I'm sure but let the chips fall where they may.

Steve

Old 12-19-2009, 12:03 PM

9 posts, read 21,105 times
Quote:
Dude, calm down and breathe. What happened to you wanting a logical discussion?

1. I didn't say your income info was wrong. I provided info to show income disparity is even greater in the U.S. So if income disparity is one of the reasons for Mexico's problems, why is it not causing the same problems in the U.S.? Sorry you cannot handle rebuttal without cursing and insulting.
Its really a problem I do not just say things look it up really educate about the subject.

3. I don't care if you've lived in Mexico for 100 years, you are flat wrong to say cartel violence is only in the north. Morelia is home base for at least one cartel. As for it only affecting those involved in drugs, tell that to the three year old boy that died there yesterday and the pregnant mother in ICU and her preemie baby that had to be cut from her womb to save it's life.
They dont just kill people just because they want to they always kill for a reason and like I said La Familia Michoacana operates in Michoacan because they are always fighting to protect their turf there is violence
4. Solution: how about a 20 foot concrete wall?
Come with solutions to improve the lives of Mexicans in Mexico because thats what the forum is all about I mean its not to America to solve mexicos problems but I want opinions. I thought I was going to get them instead Im just getting people that critizise.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Dude, calm down and breathe. What happened to you wanting a logical discussion?

1. I didn't say your income info was wrong. I provided info to show income disparity is even greater in the U.S. So if income disparity is one of the reasons for Mexico's problems, why is it not causing the same problems in the U.S.?

Sorry you cannot handle rebuttal without cursing and insulting.
Its really a problem I do not just say things look it up really educate about the subject.

3. I don't care if you've lived in Mexico for 100 years, you are flat wrong to say cartel violence is only in the north. Morelia is home base for at least one cartel. As for it only affecting those involved in drugs, tell that to the three year old boy that died there yesterday and the pregnant mother in ICU and her preemie baby that had to be cut from her womb to save it's life.

They dont just kill people just because they want to they always kill for a reason and like I said La Familia Michoacana operates in Michoacan because they are always fighting to protect their turf there is violence

4. Solution: how about a 20 foot concrete wall?
Come with solutions to improve the lives of Mexicans in Mexico because thats what the forum is all about I mean its not to America to solve mexicos problems but I want opinions. I thought I was going to get them instead Im just getting people that critizise.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:08 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Quote:
Actually - I would find Guadalajara, Mexico City, Puebla, and many other cities in Mexico far more liveable than most of Los Angeles or Chicago - but what's kind of pathetic is when the people "flee" the border towns, they will more often head to Los Angeles or Chicago than to one of the more sedate and serene cities of their own country.

They'll actually relocate to a city in the USA that has high crime when much of Mexico has less crime than those places.
got stats? I would not call Mexico a very safe place to live as you have mentioned. And yes, its true big cities all over the world have more crime.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
That's exactly it and those who like to bash and blame the USA for everything are also the first to claim that Mexico is a hell hole they cannot live in or try to improve. They lie and claim that people in Mexico are starving to death when that's not the case at all, they claim Mexico is too dangerous for them yet insist they must come and profit from the nation they claim is the problem.
Standard of living in mexico is low. Raw sewage running through open canals for example in some cities is one small example. I still think mexico is a *hithole. I have never heard anyone say that people starve in mexico. I do know that many parts are extremely dangerous. I do know wealthy mexicans that move to the US because they don't feel safe in their own country anymore.
Billions are being lost from the US economy and is being sent back to mexico.
Whole villages have been reconstructed because of such a source. How about the hospitals in the US that go bankrupt because they treat illegals?

Moreover, many companies that are located in mexico are multi-nationals.
That is the curse of our times and is not isolated in north America but its all over the world. And, no the problems don't start in the US!

Last edited by WildWestDude; 12-19-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo1365 View Post
How can anyone dare critisize holy mexico? How about reading the OP's post?
In order to fix mexico's problems they have to look at themselves first as stated before. But this will keep going in circles because at the end people will blame the US!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Look If I dont got much info in my profile is because I barely started, look people you will never understand Mexico because you havent lived there and really there is people that live well and happy in Mexico that earn good money.Not all mexicans live bad and really you think cartel violence is all over mexico, you are very bad informed look it up because there are states that have more violence than others and ones that have no cartel problems or atleast you dont feel there is cartel violence. You give a picture that mexico is bad when most of you have probably never been to Mexico. Still the country has a lot of people under the poverty line that compared to what you guys consider being below the poverty line, the poor people in mexico are very poor. And what do you want them to do If their country cant provide them with opportunities,also your same media that glorifies america like movies, shows, the saying that america is the land of opportunities and a saying in mexico that in america you earn 10 times more than in mexico just encourages people to come to america, because their country cant provide them with opportunities, no mater what they do in mexico they will never get out of that hole. And I am just asking what can they do? Im not getting any alternatives or oppinions just critizism this forum is about how to make life better for the mexicans in mexico I never entered this forum to justify why illegals come to america but I just wanted to give reasons. Then you guys tell me then why dont they come legal then, have you ever been to the US embassy in Mexico they just give certain number of visas a year and they dont give them to the poor they check everything you have all your info bank accounts if you are financialy stable background many things. You need so many requirements to just get a tourist visa now can you imagine someone very poor to actually meet the requirements to even get a visa? Its also expensive. And really its not their fault they come to America mexico has suffered for years politicians that steal money from the mexican's pockets politicians that dont serve,Felipe Calderon is one, oppresive mayority in congress and presidency of the institutional revolutionary party.For 71 years it holded mayority in congress and the presidency, and was an oppresive party just look up at the Tlatelolco massacre in 1968 its estimated that more than 1000 protesters died. For 71 years it had power over mexico and the party became corrupt and is corrupt. In the year 2000 when Vicente Fox from the National Action Party won the presidency, mexicans thought the country was going to progress because they had a president from another party mexicans were very excited. But nothing ever changed the country was the same even when the national action party had mayority in congress, Mexico never saw progress. Salinas de Gortari never served Ernesto Zedillo never served Vicente Fox never served and Felipe Calderon will not serve either. Our congress is bad too most of them only become politicians and promise just to get benefits like not paying electric or water bills and an insurance from the government mexico might be sovereign but the government doesnt serve and have always stealed money from our pockets. A thing that I think mexico has to change is their population, we need a cultural revolution we need people that complain less and work more for mexico, mexicans as the people have to learn that they are the ones who run the country and that if mexico want to progress they got to start with themselves, instead of people complaining they got to work for mexico, if mexicans gave an effort on mexico, mexico would have enough for them to offer. Mexico has scientists, engineers, architects, lawyers, economists, proffesors,many professionals in different areas, if we could all work toghether as a nation we can make a better country, learn that the people have the power not the government. And even if the government has the mexican military and a bunch of law enforcement agencies we have enough power to even over throw them, we also have the power to not vote in eleccions because we are the ones that put them in power. If mexico wants to change the people have to change for good. can you give give me some suggestions,solutions, opinions and recomendations? instead of rude critizism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico