Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times

Advertisements

Which are the most dangerous cities in Mexico which are not border towns or DF?

Culiacan? Apatzingan? Lazaro Cardenas?

What about the safest?

Cabo? Guanajuato?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 43,222 times
Culiacan, Mazatlán, Durrango, Chihuahua, Torreón, Nuevo León, Veracrúz and Acapulco are the most dangerous no-border cities in Mexico. Mexico City is the safest big city in the country. Almost all the cities in soutern Mexico are pretty safe. Guanajuato is safe as well, but be careful, people there is insanely conservative. Women can't to wear miniskirts or shorts. Men are not allowed to have long hear or carry backpacks. Couples can't to demonstrate affection in public areas.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,606 times
^^ WTF?

This thread is from 2010, not worth to comment...

Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM

29 posts, read 73,453 times
Default En serio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabVid View Post
Culiacan, Mazatlán, Durrango, Chihuahua, Torreón, Nuevo León, Veracrúz and Acapulco are the most dangerous no-border cities in Mexico. Mexico City is the safest big city in the country. Almost all the cities in soutern Mexico are pretty safe. Guanajuato is safe as well, but be careful, people there is insanely conservative. Women can't to wear miniskirts or shorts. Men are not allowed to have long hear or carry backpacks. Couples can't to demonstrate affection in public areas.
I have been to Guanajuato a few times, and i don't know of things yo uhave mentioned. I was backpacking with a woman friend of mine..She had shorts too..I have never heard of or encountered what you have!
Must've of been a bad day for you....lo siento!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:33 PM

51 posts, read 304,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabVid View Post
those are not even cities but states

Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 PM

Right now I believe it is some cities in Michoacan, my family who lives there has warned me not to even head out to Michoacan to visit them because it is getting bad. Sinaloa cities are very safe and I have been there plenty of times, I have never felt that I was in danger, the great thing about Sinaloa is that their cartels do not mess with innocent people.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
^^ WTF?

This thread is from 2010, not worth to comment...
The relative risk in various Mexican towns has probably changed in the past three years, so if anyone has up do date information, this thread continues to be more than relevant.

Meanwhile, how does one measure or evaluate "danger" in a Mexican city? Access to reliable data that is not cooked by local authorities? Reliance on one anecdotal newspaper report of crime in or near a certain city? Existence of a dangerous neighborhood in a city, that everyone knows better than to go to? Absence of marco-terrrorists yesterday, which is not an indicator of whether they are there today?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolos View Post
Durango is a city and a state.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolos View Post
All of them that he names are cities. Three of them have the same name as their respective state, but they are all still the names of citries.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Durango is a city and a state.
it is called Victoria de Durango, not Durango
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico