Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,383,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
i havent really seen any evidence of gangs in miami. the most ive seen is some graffiti but then i dont go into the worst areas.
They tend to stay localized in only the very worst areas, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,397 times
The suburbs are supposed to provide good schools to the people who live there

Last edited by boostsi90; 07-02-2011 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 AM

176 posts, read 646,780 times
NEVER THINK WHERE YOU ARE IS 100% SAFE.

Yes..Kendall is relatively safe you just have to avoid hanging around the clusters behind Sunset or the sw 80 st stretch after particular times....and never think you're too safe anywhere you are. My immediate block may seem very safe but we are not immune from crime..nor is a house in Calusa or the Crossings....we had a smash and grab one time and it was people down the block. The neighbors had their yard broken into a couple of years back...people knock down mailboxes....but the good thing is education. Other neighbors create a presence and notify the police of suspicious activity. Our neighborhood is within a tax base so the cops are notorious for sending squad cars around if there's so much as an inkling suspicion of **** going down. But you should again never assume you are immune from danger. Same principal goes with red light runners at intersections. I was almost killed in the Emerald Hills community, an upscale neighborhood in Broward had I not pulled my windows down and LISTENED. Something my dad taught me. Thankfully I heard a V8 engine (Camaro) approaching northbound at a high rate of speed and I still live to tell everyone the story.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,636 times
These posers from Kendall have been watching too many documentaries on gang drive-by's.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,186 times
wow a real honest to goodness driveby shooting
Three Shot Outside South Miami-Dade Home - Local News - Miami, FL - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43652899/ns/local_news-miami_fl/ - broken link)

Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,636 times
Quote:
wow a real honest to goodness driveby shooting
Three Shot Outside South Miami-Dade Home - Local News - Miami, FL - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43652899/ns/local_news-miami_fl/ - broken link)
In Richmond Heights..why am i not surprised .

Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 AM

One dead in Kendall shooting - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/07/2303313/fatal-shooting-near-kendall.html - broken link)

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

193 posts, read 371,455 times
Quote:
One dead in Kendall shooting - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/07/2303313/fatal-shooting-near-kendall.html - broken link)
OMG - Kendall's the next Compton...!

I've lived in Kendall for a few years now, and nothing much seems to happen. The odd shooting that occurs normally involves drugs, or the cops shooting someone in the Best Buy parking lot.

The problem with Kendall is it's unusually high percentage of wannabe thugs from Middle Class families who are just douche bags; you know the one's I mean - work on their biceps only at the gym, listen to rap, wear TapOut shirts, like to discuss "UFC fighting styles" (a misnomer), drive their parent's cars with brand new alloy wheels (with nothing else modified), talk like they barely had an education ("I'm from the 305 yo "), and can't speak English or Spanish well.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,939,468 times
Just remember criminals have cars, so they can enter in to bad neighborhoods as well as good ones, so everyone needs to move to Fisher Island, except for the criminals. Hey Oprah what's a happening ?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelion View Post
OMG - Kendall's the next Compton...!

I've lived in Kendall for a few years now, and nothing much seems to happen. The odd shooting that occurs normally involves drugs, or the cops shooting someone in the Best Buy parking lot.

The problem with Kendall is it's unusually high percentage of wannabe thugs from Middle Class families who are just douche bags; you know the one's I mean - work on their biceps only at the gym, listen to rap, wear TapOut shirts, like to discuss "UFC fighting styles" (a misnomer), and drive their parent's cars with brand new alloy wheels (with nothing else modified.)

yeah. i wouldnt consider kendall dangerous although i worry about increases in crime due to the economy and unemployment numbers. as of right now i consider it fine but i really wonder what a double dip will bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami