Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,270,422 times

Advertisements

blueonyx: first i'd like to say: welcome to miami. and secondly, this is simply the callous jaded cynical attitude you develop when you have to personally justify, come to terms with, and live at the mercy of a broken system you have no control over. that's essentially what you're seeing here. its called outrage fatigue. you want outrage visit california because we're all out of it here.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,481,105 times
Wow! The drama never ends here, does it? Worthy responses all. Yeah, I myself kinda assumed she must have married for the $$$ and aww, gee, surprise surprise - evil intentions pave the way to hell! Boo hoo.

Yeah but ok, her story does ring true. She married for the green card, but then again got shafted. Certainly more forgivable than the outright golddigger. And I have an extra-special soft spot for people doing whatever they can to escape third world poverty. So yeah, sorry to hear.

As a PP mentioned, in some bizarre way it does strike me with some twisted satisfaction that a gold digger (of even a most forgivable sort) got her just desserts. All us average hardworking guys do have some degree of contempt for women who step over us for shinier shoes. Twisted your ankle in those Gucci pumps? Aww, gee, sorry. But that's just a sidebar to the story.

Yeah, sorry to say, there are a lot of evil people in the USA too who do things like this. A good portion of people who have way too much money didn't earn it, many stole it, a few really did earn it, some are lucky. One has to be careful when playing with high rollers. I must say sorry young lady, you did mess with a bad dude. Problem is of course soon as you show up to complain, you have to confess your own scam of marrying for the green card. You'll need a sympathetic ear. That could be hard to find.

A civil rights lawyer or an immigration lawyer is what you need. Google "civil rights lawyer". If you can find someone sympathetic, you may have a chance. I'm afraid to say though, the evil hubby's got all the cards. As the saying goes - "you cast your pearls before swine". I wish you luck.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm so sorry to hear your situation.

On the other hand, as a guy, this is refreshing. Usually the courts are very anti-male, and the male always gets reamed every single time badly in these types of court cases.
You still do unless you have $2,000,000 to throw around.

Quote:

This is the first time I have ever heard of it being the other way around.

That doesn't help your situation whatsoever though. Actually this is the strangest story I have ever heard in my life to be honest. WHat kind of guy makes $2,000,000/year, and what kind of guy sues for child support from his ex-wife when he has that kind of salary? Something weird and peculiar about your post, that simply doesn't make sense.
OP, what does your ex do to make that kind of money? He isn't Charlie Sheen by chance, is he?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 AM

6 posts, read 15,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnna View Post
I have been searching the web to see if there is anybody out there who understands my situation. I lost custody of my four precious children to my ex-husband who's current annual income is $2,000,000. I was abused, victimized, and framed. The Judge who presided over the case was Judge Rosa Rodriguez. To my amazement, the judge refused to hear my testimonies and evidences because I am not rich. Now, my ex went and file a case with child support office claiming that I owe him child support in the amount of $75,000. The child support enforcement office is now comming after me. I am currently unemployed. I did not get anything of monetary value or otherwise from the divorce judgement. I was physically, mentally, and emotionally abuse in a seven and some months years of marriage with my ex-husband, his mother, and sister leaving in the same house. I was a stayed home mother devotedly having and raising my children. My ex manipulates my children both mentally and emotional each time they visited me or expressed need for me; their mother. I urgently need someone to review my case. I see myself going into depression because of all the pressure that I am receiving from my ex and the child support enforcement office. Please somebody help me. My children is pleading for your help, too. I do not want to die or end up in prison because of all the frustrations. If somebody knows how I could get government intervention on this case, please let me know Moderator cut: email address Thanks

cgnna,

boy do I feel your pain! I am in the same situation but it happened in NJ! My ex was smarter that I thought however. He is a very successful chiropractor who constantly scams the insurance companies to make TONS OF MONEY! He never wanted to marry me but always promised. After years of physical, emotional, and mental abuse - I had enough. He left me with no money and no where to go. I couldn't take my kids because I had no where to go! Long story short... He told the courts he only makes $31,000 a year and his income tax showed he made $207,000 in 2009 but widdled it down to $31,000 after buying his car, getting married (again) and running all his expenses through his business (as usual)! I am now having to pay the ex $400.00 a month plus half the medical bills (which is a whole other story), my kids are totally brain washed. I am 31 years old and have been living with friends, unemployed, and in therapy for depression, anxiety, and alot more. You aren't the only one and lawyers - YEAH RIGHT! I wish I could help with that but would love to chat with you. You can send me a private message and we can exchange emails! Hope to hear from you soon!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 AM

193 posts, read 371,860 times
You're not going to have to pay a dime in child support if you don't earn anything, and have no assets.

I saw someone recently go to a family court because her dumbass ex-husband, who had custody of the kids already, decided she should pay child-support retroactively. Long-story short - she was unemployed at the time, the judge ripped into him and his lawyer in court and told the husband to pay her and give the kids back because he wasn't treating the kids well either.

I doubt the judge didn't hear your side of the story because you weren't rich. Something else happened, maybe the husband accused you of being mentally unstable?

You can appeal, if this is indeed as ludicrous as you've made the case out to be the judge will be scolded and the decision reversed by higher courts.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 PM

Thelion,

Thank you for your post. I think it was a bit of everything. My ex's attorney was the judge's good golf buddy and in Toms River NJ it seems to be a bit of a "good ol' boys club". I had no lawyers so - not good. I do have a question though... How do I get it out of this judges hand and to a higher up to appeal? I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,497,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Wow! The drama never ends here, does it? Worthy responses all. Yeah, I myself kinda assumed she must have married for the $$$ and aww, gee, surprise surprise - evil intentions pave the way to hell! Boo hoo.

Yeah but ok, her story does ring true. She married for the green card, but then again got shafted. Certainly more forgivable than the outright golddigger. And I have an extra-special soft spot for people doing whatever they can to escape third world poverty. So yeah, sorry to hear.

As a PP mentioned, in some bizarre way it does strike me with some twisted satisfaction that a gold digger (of even a most forgivable sort) got her just desserts. All us average hardworking guys do have some degree of contempt for women who step over us for shinier shoes. Twisted your ankle in those Gucci pumps? Aww, gee, sorry. But that's just a sidebar to the story.

Yeah, sorry to say, there are a lot of evil people in the USA too who do things like this. A good portion of people who have way too much money didn't earn it, many stole it, a few really did earn it, some are lucky. One has to be careful when playing with high rollers. I must say sorry young lady, you did mess with a bad dude. Problem is of course soon as you show up to complain, you have to confess your own scam of marrying for the green card. You'll need a sympathetic ear. That could be hard to find.

A civil rights lawyer or an immigration lawyer is what you need. Google "civil rights lawyer". If you can find someone sympathetic, you may have a chance. I'm afraid to say though, the evil hubby's got all the cards. As the saying goes - "you cast your pearls before swine". I wish you luck.
That's the mistake women from poor countries make, then when they arrive to the new land their husbands put them to work like slaves.

It's a shame to be honest.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclayton830 View Post
Thelion,

Thank you for your post. I think it was a bit of everything. My ex's attorney was the judge's good golf buddy and in Toms River NJ it seems to be a bit of a "good ol' boys club". I had no lawyers so - not good. I do have a question though... How do I get it out of this judges hand and to a higher up to appeal? I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much!
You need an attorney, not having one at the initial ruling has cost you big time.

If you have no income (i.e. unemployed) then google Florida legal aid. You won't get a Harvard lawyer, but you'll get someone good enough to give you good advice.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelion View Post
You need an attorney, not having one at the initial ruling has cost you big time.

If you have no income (i.e. unemployed) then google Florida legal aid. You won't get a Harvard lawyer, but you'll get someone good enough to give you good advice.
Thank you. I am not in florida however. I live in SC and my ex lives in NJ with the kids so I assume that i would have to contact nj legal aid because that it were the children reside and where i have been in court, right?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclayton830 View Post
Thank you. I am not in florida however. I live in SC and my ex lives in NJ with the kids so I assume that i would have to contact nj legal aid because that it were the children reside and where i have been in court, right?
Yes, and that's likely where any future case will be heard. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: