Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:58 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,484 times

Advertisements

It's super hot, steammy and rainy outside. Last year was the best winter of South Florida in years... I start sweating as soon as I get out from the car in the middle of winter. The weather sucks in SoFL, all year round is the same thing, so boring... This summer will be the worst, we had not had any cold fronts this January and please don't say 55 degrees is a cold front because it's not... I'm going to the beach this weekend for the first time in my life in a hot and steammy January...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,816 times
The weather has been bipolar lately!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,484 times
LOL is hotter than an average winter. This summer will be pure hell

Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
last winter was horrible. the frost killed or horribly maimed lots of the landscaping in our complex.

and i hated the fact i had to wear shoes, a sweater and long pants for a week.
i like the heat. ALOT.
we did actually have cold fronts this winter though. frost 3 times in the redlands which damaged crops but didnt obliterate them like last year when we had the tomato shortage.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Yesterday (Tuesday) was perfect! Sunny, the air was a bit moist but not too moist.

I kind of enjoy summer because I like to go to the beaches at Key Biscayne and just sit in the shallow part of ocean all day.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM

I'd love to loiter around bill baggs on my bike or paddle out to stiltsville but not sure how an 11 ft malibu two will handle the currrent there. maybe on a slack tide. still havent explored much of virginia key or crandon park. need to go there and see if theres anything interesting there to see / photograph. need to do the same with pinecrest gardens. last 2 summers i did alot of volunteer work with the coral nursery club over on virginia key propagating corals but that cold front last winter wiped out the nursery =/

Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Thats so sad! Poor corals

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,408,472 times
The weather you guys are having is awesome!!!! I would be totally soaking up that humidity!!!!! I wish I were there!! I'm sitting in my house in San Diego freizenmeinenzieassenhoffer!!!! It's freakin' chilly out here --and I've got the heater on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I'd love to loiter around bill baggs on my bike or paddle out to stiltsville but not sure how an 11 ft malibu two will handle the currrent there. maybe on a slack tide. still havent explored much of virginia key or crandon park. need to go there and see if theres anything interesting there to see / photograph. need to do the same with pinecrest gardens. last 2 summers i did alot of volunteer work with the coral nursery club over on virginia key propagating corals but that cold front last winter wiped out the nursery
Yeah! What is up with that current? I went there and was shocked by the fact that there is at least a 7 knot current heading out to sea and the incoming waves were at a standstill because of it! I could understand seeing that kind of current if it were on an intracoastal waterway or some sort of boxed in area, but in such an open area, to have a current that strong and concentrated pulling out to sea baffles me.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM

reptoid: yeah i really dont want to mess with it. not big on getting lost at sea and winding up in maine.
maybe the shallow flats south of there just trap all the water in the bay? http://goo.gl/maps/Vr8f

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,408,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
reptoid: yeah i really dont want to mess with it. not big on getting lost at sea and winding up in maine.

And that might be just what happens!!

maybe the shallow flats south of there just trap all the water in the bay? Google Maps

I just now noticed your link to googlemaps!! Oh well... I did a little research on my own and concluded the same results..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami