Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:12 PM

26 posts, read 51,634 times

Advertisements

I am moving out of South Florida in a few weeks. I have lived in Chicago, IL and Jacksonville, NC for the most part and I've been living in South Florida for the past 5 1/2 years. I got used to the hot weather and humidity, but unfortunately, never got used to the road rage, crazy drivers, ignorant people, rudeness, superficiality, high cost of living, and low wages. Do you share the same thoughts or its just my personal experience here??? Fire away!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
To the OP read other threads on this topic as this is a waste of bandwidth. Read people read!!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
perry: treadmill

Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 PM

26 posts, read 51,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
To the OP read other threads on this topic as this is a waste of bandwidth. Read people read!!!!

If there's somebody that wastes bandwidth its you buddy. I know you feel the need to comment on every thread and every post, but give a chance to the new people to start a fresh thread and get some replies from other new people. I have read many other threads and after a thousand and some replies, people end up talking about what kind of ketchup they buy at publix. What I ask is simple, list the things that made you move out of south Florida, that's it. If you are one of these "Florida lovers" or you have read every single thread and every single post in CD and you dont want to read mine, then ignore it and move on

Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
I'm moving soon and its pretty much for the same reasons as you. Where are ou moving to?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
The only reason I would ever want to move would be because of housing. Housing here is crazy in costs compared to wages. I make just fine money, but have a hard time committing to purchasing a house when I can get one somewhere else for half the price, or three times the house for the same money, and I will not even get into the tax and insurance thing.

I mention wages because my company does give me a housing allowance, but heck, where I was before I could purchase a nice place without having an allowance, here the allowance does not come close to matched the disparity.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 PM

203 posts, read 428,372 times
I dislike it here for many of the same reasons. I am moving to San Francisco hopefully soon.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
I already moved. I lived in S. FL for 6 years.

My reasons were as follows:

Heat/humidity...worse than I thought. My bad.

But, the main reasons were, as you listed:

"road rage, crazy drivers, ignorant people, rudeness, superficiality, high cost of living, and low wages"

I'm out, it's so much more peaceful where I am, so much cooler..in fact, I hear, periodically over this summer, locals complaining about the humidity and I jerk back in surprise, "What humidity?!?!?"

Instead of 99% of the people being angry, rude and aggressive, with 1% being decent, it's 1% being angry, rude and aggressive and 99% being decent if not downright friendly as hell.

Cost of living is SO MUCH lower here but the wages are higher for the same type of jobs. And superficial? hahahahaha, that does not exist here. Everyone is mellow, laid back and "down to earth", (as much as I hate that phrase).

Refreshing.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,386,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofhere77 View Post
If there's somebody that wastes bandwidth its you buddy. I know you feel the need to comment on every thread and every post, but give a chance to the new people to start a fresh thread and get some replies from other new people. I have read many other threads and after a thousand and some replies, people end up talking about what kind of ketchup they buy at publix. What I ask is simple, list the things that made you move out of south Florida, that's it. If you are one of these "Florida lovers" or you have read every single thread and every single post in CD and you dont want to read mine, then ignore it and move on
Because a thread like this: //www.city-data.com/forum/miami...ate-miami.html wouldn't have accomplished the same? Or how about this one://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...cant-wait.html What's the point of starting yet another pissing contest when there are enough on the first 2 pages of this forum alone?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
The incompetent and corrupt Miami-Dade government is enough to chase any productive citizen away. They are still harassing my elderly parents and shortening their lives. Currently I am trying to convince them to dump dade and move to my old place in Key Largo. Miami is a unique cesspool that only a cat 3+ can reform. I do not blame the average person in the area, they are only a product of a flawed environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami