Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times

Advertisements

winter: no, youre not a troll all the time but you say completely outlandish things sometimes just to press people's buttons. i mean when you say things like 'miami doesnt exist' ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
What are "Buttons"? Do they exist?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png (broken link)

Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
winter: no, youre not a troll all the time but you say completely outlandish things sometimes just to press people's buttons. i mean when you say things like 'miami doesnt exist' ?
Denying its existence was never meant to make people angry, at least that wasn't my intention. But I think I get though, Miami is your hell (or something of the like), and I come here and say that it doesn't exist - I deny your suffering by doing this. It's heartbreaking to read that all that miserable life you see around you, all that chaos, doesn't actually take place... when it in fact does - an insult to all the hardships you have to go through.

At first I didn't connected it like that. My post came out to be very disrespectful and tasteless, I'm sorry. I just didn't know how much it meant to you. But rest sure that even though my post was thoughtless, it was never ill intended. Something very opposite to what a trolll does.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 PM

Whereas, I'm just the figurative "Rip Taylor" throwing confetti at the disaster scene to cheer you up!

(minus the punching, though)

Rip Taylor In Simpsons - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Denying its existence was never meant to make people angry, at least that wasn't my intention. But I think I get though, Miami is your hell (or something of the like), and I come here and say that it doesn't exist - I deny your suffering by doing this. It's heartbreaking to read that all that miserable life you see around you, all that chaos, doesn't actually take place... when it in fact does - an insult to all the hardships you have to go through.

At first I didn't connected it like that. My post came out to be very disrespectful and tasteless, I'm sorry. I just didn't know how much it meant to you. But rest sure that even though my post was thoughtless, it was never ill intended. Something very opposite to what a trolll does.

Cixcell, Don't feed who?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9906786.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-11-2011, 12:26 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
I'm still stuck on the 10 tons of hydraulic pressure! Damn, Tallrick!!! What in the hell -- who builds a giant compactor in a doorway!!??!?? Lol!! That's some serious James Bond crap!!!
My front door is the mid-century modern version of the coral castle door. I replaced the door I put to pass inspection with a concrete filled monster that can double as a sheet metal brake. It has fake glass that simply sits on the steel and concrete door. Hydraulic rams open and close the door. If someone tries to force it open it would try to close, crushing anything in its path. I did install safety valves that would stop the crushing in normal use. However, a simple flip of a switch disables them, allowing me to bend metal in the door jamb.The back door is easier to break down, but has a steel plate from a trench plate that I roll into place at night. The windows are covered with a concentric circle pattern sun shade I designed to match the aluminum ones used commonly in mid-century modern buildings. They are welded from three inch steel pipe, coated with ceramic and set into steel channels making them almost impossible to remove. I am reluctant to ever show pictures of my home but nobody that sees it for the first time believes it is new. Friends call it the "bunker" and laugh at the trench I dug around it, calling it a "moat". I am very satisfied with my new home and hope no one tries to break in.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:14 AM

Dude, that is the craziest thing I've ever heard (in a cool sort of way)! "Bunker" is an understatement. Are you on some kind of witness protection program or something? What exactly are you expecting to happen that you've got all these preparations? It sounds like a fortification for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 AM

Cixcell thinks that I'm a security freak, but you make me look like a cheap floozie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami