Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 PM

23 posts, read 64,269 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this building? Any info would be great thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 05:15 PM

102 posts, read 422,904 times
I'm not familiar with the inside of the building, but I know the building across the street (Park Place) and the area in general (West Park/Downtown).
Basically, the building looks nice enough and is very convenient if you work or go to school downtown, or if you plan on using the train. Gated, ample parking, pool, tennis, etc...
The area is not the best as it's basically on the homeless/junkie strip of Miami. Not harsh during the day so much, but definitely not a place to stroll at night with ease. Also, the Miami Arena used to be across the block until they demolished it. Now you'd have to deal with bulldozers until they move all the rubble away and an empty, unattractive lot when they're done. The future of the lot is still uncertain. Also, there is no easy access (i.e.: walkable) to places like grocery stores, etc.
I say all this not knowing your situation or what you're looking for, but for me, I'd look around for a better place to spend my money, unless you want to invest your time in making the community better.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,008 times
Default The Madison Condo's

We recently purchased at The Madison and yes we were concerned about the market conditions and the area. We actually had a friend who is cop who bought there and we figured he checked out the area and confirmed that it was not bad. The bad are the homeless sleeping on the sidewalks, but hey, the homeless is on Miami Beach in larger numbers. Anyways, we are very happy and we love all the amenities. We use the people mover and metro rail often ...we go the heat games and often walk to bayside for dinner. we shopped everywhere and found the prices were good at the madison, and took advantage of the no money down deal they offered. staff is very helpful....oh...24 hour security was a plus..coming from up north and that was important...good luck....

Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
David

which grocery store do you guys shop at? I never walked around that area. do you guys have local dry cleaner, corner store, coffee shop etc.?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2000 View Post
We recently purchased at The Madison and yes we were concerned about the market conditions and the area. We actually had a friend who is cop who bought there and we figured he checked out the area and confirmed that it was not bad. The bad are the homeless sleeping on the sidewalks, but hey, the homeless is on Miami Beach in larger numbers. Anyways, we are very happy and we love all the amenities. We use the people mover and metro rail often ...we go the heat games and often walk to bayside for dinner. we shopped everywhere and found the prices were good at the madison, and took advantage of the no money down deal they offered. staff is very helpful....oh...24 hour security was a plus..coming from up north and that was important...good luck....
The more I read this, the more I think it's the sales office rep at the Madison...

Old 02-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
David

which grocery store do you guys shop at? I never walked around that area. do you guys have local dry cleaner, corner store, coffee shop etc.?
I have some friends who live in the building across the street, and the only thing there is a corner store... Grocery stores: Publix in Brickell, Winn Dixie by the hospitals, generic food mart on NE 2nd/N Miami Ave area north of the PAC... I wouldn't consider any of those within walking distance, unless by walking you mean 30 minutes each way... The area is pretty isolated, IMO.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelibyan View Post
I have some friends who live in the building across the street, and the only thing there is a corner store... Grocery stores: Publix in Brickell, Winn Dixie by the hospitals, generic food mart on NE 2nd/N Miami Ave area north of the PAC... I wouldn't consider any of those within walking distance, unless by walking you mean 30 minutes each way... The area is pretty isolated, IMO.
thats what I thought. I heard whole foods was going to building something downtown but then they pulled out :S said, population wasn't dense enough yet to make it profitable.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:34 AM

89 posts, read 1,048,274 times
Quote:
The more I read this, the more I think it's the sales office rep at the Madison...
Wouldn't be suprised if it was. david only has 1 post. period.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM

99 posts, read 425,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
thats what I thought. I heard whole foods was going to building something downtown but then they pulled out :S said, population wasn't dense enough yet to make it profitable.
Had nothing to do with the population.
Whole Foods pulls out of Met Miami project - South Florida Business Journal:

Publix is now looking to get into the property,

Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 PM

640 posts, read 1,822,540 times
Quote:
He made an account to put up some marketing copy on his property -- his only post. It's pretty clear that he's a sales rep. Sometimes you get advertisements on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami