Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:33 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times

Advertisements

BazingaLV, I totally envy you! Congratulations on making it to Miami! You don't know how much I miss the rich humid air of Miami! You can't duplicate this in San Diego ( except for one day in which we were nearly dead on). I got the sensation from reading your post that you had apparently lived somewhere that had humidity before you lived in Las Vegas. Where did you used to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM

74 posts, read 129,148 times
Nolefan34 hit the nail on the head.If youcome here alone and without job or money,you will be miserable.I can even converse with people in Spanish having lived in a latin american country for several years,and I was married to a hispanic,but I am still not accepted at work.Also as far as jobs go,! am an engineer and struggling.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
I love Brickell. Wish I could move back there. It is a great neighborhood and is just beginning to get even better. 5 years ago it was nice but desolate. Now it is thriving.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
I have been here for a little over a year and love it.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM

203 posts, read 428,319 times
I have been here for 1 year exactly and it's not for me but certainly appreciate what it has to offer. I would love to visit again in the future but never consider living here permanently.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:16 AM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
moved 5 months ago and loving it so far. Not much difference in terms of having to work for a living. Yes, rent is higher than where I came from (philly), but utilities cost less than half of what i was previously paying, so my monthly living expenses work out to almost equivalent. I don't live in a fancy condo - I found a nice low-rise apt. away from the main tourist area (but still close enough to work there easily), with a pool and a parking lot, 2 blocks from the beach .... kinda lowkey, and it suits me just fine.

Before I moved here I spent several years researching, visiting longterm, and learning the 'lay of the land' by staying for months at a time, so I knew the deal and made sure to save up a lot, so I would not struggle when I got here. I'm a musician (caribbean steel drums), am bilingual, and have tons of travel/tourism/hospitality experience so not worried that I'll eventually find work..... am presently looking, but not struggling, because I came with enough savings to tide me over.

the bottom line is..... I figure no matter where I live, i will have to work, and pay rent or mortgage - so why not live in a place where the climate and environment is SO much nicer than where i came from? The outdoors lifestyle here agrees with me, i VASTLY prefer it to going inside and shutting the door, as most ppl do up north - here there's SO much to do outdoors... even if it's just taking a walk on the beach it's still a thousand times better than sitting inside on the couch watching tv or reading a book cause its 10-below-zero outside and ya can't go out. ugh. i loathed that.

Also spent 10 years living in Hawaii, a couple years in Cancun, and a couple years in Japan, and I adore living in a place where there's a good mix of many cultures; i'm especially fond of Latino and Caribbean culture, so i find it delightful living among the people here.

All in all i'm very happy I made the move.

Last edited by catt6; 10-14-2011 at 12:02 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,253,563 times
I'm satisfied with my investment into the Miami area, there are few places in the world that I prefer more than Miami.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 PM

60 posts, read 96,055 times
Bazinga-you are going to develop environmental asthma in Miami from all the a**holes you'll have to deal with, the torrential rains, the nasty driving conditions, high cost of living, disgusting humidity...you complain about Las Vegas with its beautiful scenery, low humidity, brilliant sunshine, seasonal weather, activities galore, and smog (what smog-maybe 3 or 4 times a year when the winds are shifting) boy are you in for a rude awakening! Miami is nothing more than a cesspool of corrupt individuals hailing from all the **** crevaces located throughout Central and South America and the Caribbean, who somehow feel like its their right to continue a life of crime in Miami and against its citizens with total disregard for the rules of laws of this great country.

When Miami is done chewing you up and spitting you out (2 to 3 years), you'll be begging for the lifestyle that Las Vegas afforded you...

Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarreto View Post
Bazinga-you are going to develop environmental asthma in Miami from all the a**holes you'll have to deal with, the torrential rains, the nasty driving conditions, high cost of living, disgusting humidity...you complain about Las Vegas with its beautiful scenery, low humidity, brilliant sunshine, seasonal weather, activities galore, and smog (what smog-maybe 3 or 4 times a year when the winds are shifting) boy are you in for a rude awakening! Miami is nothing more than a cesspool of corrupt individuals hailing from all the **** crevaces located throughout Central and South America and the Caribbean, who somehow feel like its their right to continue a life of crime in Miami and against its citizens with total disregard for the rules of laws of this great country.

When Miami is done chewing you up and spitting you out (2 to 3 years), you'll be begging for the lifestyle that Las Vegas afforded you...
WOW.

Bitter much?

The poster said they loved it so far...

Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 PM

613 posts, read 759,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarreto View Post

If you're someone who does not like "corrupt individuals" disregarding the laws of the USA, Las Vegas is the last place someone like this would want to be. You can find more "corrupt individuals" in one hotel in Las Vegas than in the entire state of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami