Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
That is pure BS. Please talk to us again when you know Palm Beach county better. You obviously know very little about both counties. You lived in "those hoods" as you called them in Miami to begin with. Its like moving to Riviera Beach and then saying that all Palm Beach county is full of drugs and prostitution.
You are the very type of person I won't miss and so typical of the in your face self entitled Hispanic Miamian. You are the one that has to live with people just like you, now I don't.

It's inconceivably to me a case where your comments, your beliefs, your very existence on earth could have less to do with what I believe, feel and know.

Don't act like a subspecies, it's not adding value to my thread.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 AM

309 posts, read 619,505 times
and YOU are the kind of person WE won't miss either -- I.E. - one of the people who come here, have a VERY limited experience, then quack about how sucky Miami is. well DUH - you only lived in Little Haiti and Hialeah...... of COURSE you only experienced what it's like living in 'the hood". Yet somehow that gets extrapolated to thinking you know ALL of Miami.

While of course your experience is true - FOR YOU - it's not the way all of Miami "is"..... it's only your very limited view based on living in "the hood". I live in north beach & have experienced none of the nonsense you mention. -- there's ALL different colors/cultures of people here, it's a friendly neighborhood with a 'small town' vibe; people are kind, friendly and helpful - i've only been living in this area for 4 months, yet i already know all my neighbors, we look out for each other, and even strangers walking by on the street routinely offer to help me carry groceries, furniture, whatever - if ppl see me trying to do something they offer to help as they are passing by. i've had positive responses and good service from maintenance here in my building, and the people who work in local stores, shops, and businesses; no problems with customer service, even the tollbooth guys are freindly, LOL. it also helps that i'm happy to interact with everyone and don't feel i'm 'above' service staff; i'm happy to use whatever language works best for clear communication, and i enjoy the various different cultures, instead of looking down on them cause they don't speak english. I didn't come here with these false expectations that so many people seem to bring with them, that this city is 'supposed' to be like other cities -- i came here intending to adapt and assimilate to how it is here -- not complain cause it's not like all the other US cities i've lived in.

there is WAY more to Miami than you know. It's just so typical for people who come here, get a tiny slice of it, then draw broad conclusions based on very little knowledge and expereince of the true variety of neighborhoods, and living experiences, that are available here.

Last edited by catt6; 12-11-2011 at 12:06 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 12:01 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post

there is WAY more to Miami than you know. It's just so typical for people who come here, get a tiny slice of it, then draw broad conclusions based on very little knowledge and expereince of the true variety of neighborhoods, and living experiences, that are available here.
And this is true for many places as well. Yes all humans make generalizations, but someone with a little common sense would figure out that you cannot draw conclusions of a whole county in two weeks or by just living in one of the worst neighborhood

Miami has a lot of shortcomings but the things he says are do not represent what the average Miamiam lives except for the bad drivers and spanish speaking citizens.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
You are the very type of person I won't miss and so typical of the in your face self entitled Hispanic Miamian. You are the one that has to live with people just like you, now I don't.

It's inconceivably to me a case where your comments, your beliefs, your very existence on earth could have less to do with what I believe, feel and know.

You won't be missed either, Adios or should I say AlDiablo?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
I moved to Delray Beach two weeks ago and my life is much more pleasant at every conceivable level. I'm back in the USA again!

Delray is to PBC, what Surfside is to Dade. I spent two weeks looking at every rental in my price range from Pompano to Lake worth, both east and west of i95.

I was a man on a mission everyday and all day to find where I fit in south Florida, and Delray was the best match.

I moved here and so far I'm VERY glad I did. I have the same weather, the same beach, the palm trees and fauna but without the hatefulness and seediness of Miami.

I go for days and never see a homeless or panhandler. People smile at work, they let you over in traffic and if you hear a honk, it's usually a honk to say hello.

It costs less up here, its easier living and I have better quality of life for the same pay. Shopping is very good and so far not one single person has started a conversation in Spanish nor have I not been able to communicate fully with anyone.

There is enough party going on not to be boring but not too much to be too crazy. Traffic is light but I never feel I'm the only car on the road.

People are just more reasonable up here, and did I say white? The neighborhoods are more segregated here, whites live in white neighborhoods, Hispanics and blacks their own.

Miami was tortuous for me. It's no secret on this forum I hated almost every single day I lived in Miami, and with that said for the last time, I Love Delray by comparison.

I still think South Florida is a great place to live, work, play and die IF you find where you fit, and one of the worst if you find yourself in a place you do not.

So, that's the final chapter of the Dallas guy that moved to Miami and stayed a year. I still go to work in Miami sometimes and to play, but it's comforting to know I'll never have to live there ever again.

I could have left Florida, but as crazy as I am, I'm not completely insane.
Wow, you are just a plain racist. Thank jesus the neighborhoods are segregated. There were too many Latinos and Jews in Miami for you to handle, huh?

A surefire way to tell an uneducated person apart from an educated one is racism. Don't you have a child? Next time you are driving down US-1 in PB County, count how many Pain Clinics you pass.

If you don't know what a Pain Clinic is, I can explain it to you.

Last edited by Pear Martini; 12-11-2011 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
It's turned into one big ghetto in my eyes and all the problems that accompany ghetto-ness. How you retain people moving to Miami is the challenge.

Nothing about Miami is easy, not moving there, getting out or being out and about. I paid 509.00 in parking and red light camera fines in 12 months and had paid 50.00 a month for MB sticker. Who knows how many tolls I paid that I didnt mean to take. My car was towed once, one motorcycle stolen and never recovered. I had problems with the workforce showing up, I navigated false advertising. I was approached many times inside a restaurant by a panhandler. I've been lied to so many times, I'm starting to believe everything I read on the net.

Life is harder than it has to be there, then you have the seediness, the lack of civility and the lack common decency along with the lack of fluent English speakers and always the potential to become a crime static. Living there I often felt harassed by the city, state and it's residents. Prices in Miami are Usury.

It's not difficult to understand why people wouldn't want to live there based on my experiences and especially if you have a reference of other US cities. If that's all you know, then you'll be fine with it, for those of us who know, there are more reasonable places to live than Miami.

What's probably more troubling for the city is where people are moving. They don't move to another part of Miami, but out of the county and even state they are so fed up. All of those things I considered.
No sweetheart, its just your broke ass can't afford to live in a decent part of Miami. There are plenty of English speaking areas and areas with less blacks and hispanics since that seems to be a big concern of yours.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Subspecies?

Entitled Hispanic Miamian?

I honestly want to hear what you really think, I want to know how deep and dark you racism really goes. Let it all out.

What do you think about Hispanics?

Black People?

Jews?

Liberals?

Women?

See its quite interesting to me.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:21 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Subspecies?

Entitled Hispanic Miamian?

I honestly want to hear what you really think, I want to know how deep and dark you racism really goes. Let it all out.

What do you think about Hispanics?

Black People?

Jews?

Liberals?

Women?

See its quite interesting to me.
Why are Asians not in the mix?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Wow, you are just a plain racist. Thank jesus the neighborhoods are segregated. There were too many Latinos and Jews in Miami for you to handle, huh?

A surefire way to tell an uneducated person apart from an educated one is racism. Don't you have a child? Next time you are driving down US-1 in PB County, count how many Pain Clinics you pass.

If you don't know what a Pain Clinic is, I can explain it to you.
I honestly dont know what he is talking about. Palm Beach county has a large Mexican, Jew, Haitian and black population and the poor tend to live in the same neighborhoods Yes there are more Mexicans in Lake worth but they are also in other parts of the county because there is huge farm area West of the county. The only segregated places are Boca and maybe some gated 55+ communities which are quite common in Delray. Out of the places in PBC, Delray Beach is the last one I would recommend to anyone under 70. The place is God's waiting room.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Who has a problem with asians? I have never once heard anything racist about asians other than driving skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami