Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 PM

46 posts, read 78,622 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am so very unsure of the choice I should make. I need help in figuring this out. I have a job offer in Kendall or the fall(im not too sure if there is a difference or its the same place) I am currently living in vero beach FL, small town, small feel very quiet, almost very boring. I need to know the areas in and around Kendall that would be safe to live for a young married couple with no children.I am concerned about safety as I am only hearing horror stories about Miami.I speak no spanish, know a few words(un poco) will that be any form of hinderence? Can some one please enlighten me on your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Kendall is a suburb of Miami,some areas are better than others but in general it's a safe area.The Falls area is basically the area around the Falls shopping mall on 136th street by US1 and would be considered Southeast Kendall.Kendall is basically a large suburb and West Kendall reaches the far west developed areas around 167th avenue.The north boundaries are generally considered around Sunset Drive(SW 72 street) and Coral Reef Drive (SW 152 street) to the south.So when people refer to Kendall there are a lot of neighborhoods that they could be mentioning, some are great and some can be maybe a tad sketchy,but like I said earlier they're far from the worse areas of Miami.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
Tempted

I lived right besides The Falls many years ago. The Falls is a high-end mall in Kendall.

As to what Crisp said in a recent post, The Falls still is a very good area of Kendall, a very safe area.

As to the ethnic composition, when I lived there most of the inhabitants were Anglos. In the Anglo classification I'm including assimilated white Hispanics. English was the language at every business except at El Primero Supermarket.

You'll have to ask for more recent demographic info. The area is nice, but somebody told me that now the traffic is atrocious.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Tempted--Born and raised near the Falls. Currently live there. You looking to buy or rent?? What is your budget for both? I can help you more with better details.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted70 View Post
Hi, I am so very unsure of the choice I should make. I need help in figuring this out. I have a job offer in Kendall or the fall(im not too sure if there is a difference or its the same place) I am currently living in vero beach FL, small town, small feel very quiet, almost very boring. I need to know the areas in and around Kendall that would be safe to live for a young married couple with no children.I am concerned about safety as I am only hearing horror stories about Miami.I speak no spanish, know a few words(un poco) will that be any form of hinderence? Can some one please enlighten me on your thoughts.
This is why I tell people not to watch Fox News.

Spanish = Unsafe?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
This is why I tell people not to watch Fox News.

Spanish = Unsafe?
Bill O'Reilley taught at a school, Catholic I think, in Opa Locka many moons ago.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
The Falls area is a nice area. There are bunch of apartments near buy that area.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:59 PM

doom-- wow thanks for the information, I will have to find out more information on the exact area in Kendall but i do know they made mention of the falls, so possible that exactly where they are making mention of.
Manolo'n-- Yeah I knowing that its a high end shopping mall helps a bit, so I figure based on that fact the businesses in the malls should be doing fine. As for my spanish I will definitely need to learn so I guess being around spanish people will help me in that regard. Traffic, ughh..I guess that comes with the price of living in Dade country right?
Himain--I plan on renting for a while as I am not 100% sure I will want to permamently make it my home. As for my budget I would love to pay $800-$1200 for a two bedroom (in a safe area ofcourse)
Edu983--I watch fox news sometimes and it does depict a negative connotation about blacks and hispanics quite often. But in my opinion there is good and bad in every race. Many places that is predominantly any race tends to be more negative in some form or the other(I dont really want that, diversity is good in my opinion).
Doggiebus--The falls is good, got it. Thank you. Il check for apts in that area and see what I come up with, any suggestions?
Everyone thanks so very much for taking the time to respond I do appreciate it.
I have been reading other threads and see that people can work in Kendall/the falls and live in coral Gables, Miami Beach, East Kendall and South Miami what are your thoughts on the commute?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Tempted--Born and raised near the Falls. Currently live there. You looking to buy or rent?? What is your budget for both? I can help you more with better details.
Himain--I plan on renting for a while as I am not 100% sure I will want to permamently make it my home. As for my budget I would love to pay $800-$1200 for a two bedroom (in a safe area ofcourse)

Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
There's a bunch of condo's and townhouses right there near the Falls Mall. Condos are Briarwinds and I can't remember name of complex right next door. Just do a rental search on rental.com for the falls area. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami