Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times

Advertisements

naked cowboy new york city - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
enough with the "families" and "think of the children" arguments. i bet you let your kid watch age inappropriate movies and television with people getting their heads blown off or getting tortured, but god forbid someone walks by your kids in a freaking g-string. even if you are one of the decent parents that censor what their kids watch there are tons of parents who have no problem with it but god forbid they let their kids watch a sex scene in a movie. its just how backwards our country has become

Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
enough with the "families" and "think of the children" arguments. i bet you let your kid watch age inappropriate movies and television with people getting their heads blown off or getting tortured, but god forbid someone walks by your kids in a freaking g-string. even if you are one of the decent parents that censor what their kids watch there are tons of parents who have no problem with it but god forbid they let their kids watch a sex scene in a movie. its just how backwards our country has become
If this is aimed at me, you would be wrong. My kid doesn't watch tv unless his mother or I are around and outside of cartoons and and Nickelodeon he doesn't watch the boob tube.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,334 times
Love:
1. Winter Weather
2. Food
3. Latin Culture
4. EDM capital of the world
5. Downtown/south beach/Aventura skylines
6. Miami Heat
7. Beaches
Hate
1. Traffic
2. Summer humidity between june-august
3. People care more about sex and clothes than science and history.
4. Arrogrance
5. Expensive property even though lately things have gotten much better. I recently aquired a 1/1 for $40'000

Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,320 times
Only like the Beach, and the Basketball team

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM

250 posts, read 696,651 times
I like the beauty of many areas. The people suck...

Old 08-06-2012, 09:20 AM

513 posts, read 961,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
If this is aimed at me, you would be wrong. My kid doesn't watch tv unless his mother or I are around and outside of cartoons and and Nickelodeon he doesn't watch the boob tube.

Wild Style, again your not going to see dudes in thongs in South Beach very often. You do know that the Euros tan topless in South Beach and the Latinas wear thongs? If you all this is so upsetting for you then steer clear of South Beach and go to Lauderdale which is more family friendly.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM

28 posts, read 74,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Wild Style, again your not going to see dudes in thongs in South Beach very often. You do know that the Euros tan topless in South Beach and the Latinas wear thongs? If you all this is so upsetting for you then steer clear of South Beach and go to Lauderdale which is more family friendly.
This is very true about the topless euros and thongs on latinas and even some latinos ^
Its just the way it is, however lately miami beach is becoming a bit TOO ratchet and this is coming from someone who adores miami, if you want a beautiful, family friendly beach try fort lauderdale beach and palm beach =pictures of gorgeous palm beach and surrounding areas from another thread from this site: //www.city-data.com/forum/west-...read-pics.html

Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post
i'm another one who prefers the more open, light-and-bright feel of Miami, even the tacky suburban areas - over any NY borough. l grew up in philly and NY and i loathe old buildings with damp dirty basements, mis-shapen old plaster, uneven floors and walls, old windows that are impossible to ever get fully clean, and loathe the concrete canyons. of course the boroughs are nicer, with many lovely private homes - but still it's mostly old construction. and i HATE those big high-rise blocks of apartments with the smelly ugly hallways and elevators, ugh. even the sidewalks in many places are cracked, old, and dirty, and the stores, even in, say, Queens, while they have great stuff, and you can truly get ANYTHING - are also old and dirty, and always crowded. While i still love visiting NY, i just hate the thought of going back to living in the conditions there.

having said that, there's many things I love about Miami but one thing i absolutely HATE is the way they must 'check' your receipt when you leave a store, as if they must make sure you didn't just steal what's in your cart - even though you're 10 damn feet from the register when they can SEE you just paid.

i realize the warehouse places like Costco and BJ's do this everywhere -- but in Miami, even the regular stores - Target, Kmart, BedBathBeyond, Home Depot, etc - also do this....... I can't stand being made to feel like a criminal every time i go shopping. i just went home for a visit and it was a breath of fresh air to just go in the stores and leave with what i bought, without having to prove to the "security" rentacop (rolleyes), that i didn't steal it.

I have seen this happen in other cities as well. It's not just a Miami thing.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Love:
-Weather-subtropical climate makes everything feel nicer
-Clean air-the breezes keep everything nice and fresh. Wish CA had cleaner air.
-summer storms- I miss the violent weather of the east's summertime
-palm trees: everything is green and lush
-beaches-calm, clear turquoise water that you can enjoy year-round, with golden sand
-nightlife-best in the world
-Latin/Caribbean feel/music/culture-very party-friendly
-international feel- very diverse and I like that

Hate:
-cold snaps-it's the Caribbean! It shouldn't get chilly EVER!
-lack of waves-I prefer Hawaiian beaches for this reason, and I live in San Diego, so its understandable
-lack of English speaking-I don't mind learning Spanish, but it'd be nice to speak my birth language more. SoCal has got this down!
-ghettos- some places are just BEAT DOWN!
-trashy people-sometimes people are just EXTRA!
-traffic-old people and immigrants often make for bad drivers, and FL is known for both
-hurricanes/tropical storms-scary and dangerous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami