Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralsex View Post

-rain, rain, rain. According to United States' Rainiest Cities - Current Results Miami is second in amount of rain and eighth in rainy days among all U.S. cities.
It never rains in Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 PM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
ok, here's another thing i *LOVE* -- spinach empenadas for midnight snack, YUM

Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post
ok, here's another thing i *LOVE* -- spinach empenadas for midnight snack, YUM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ GOD BLESS THIS MAN

Empanadas de espinaca is my favorite dish ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually able to eat 10 of these nonstop

Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
lmao - for REAL winterfront. i ADORE them! and bonus - it's a relatively healthy snack with a nice portion of leafy green vegetable. two thumbs UUUUUUP!

i often get home in the middle of the night from a gig, and the 24-7 walgreen's even has them in their hot pastry cases.... maybe not the 'best' quality, or freshest - but a bazillion times better than mcdonalds or BK on the way home. and honestly,... where ELSE can you get hot pastries at a walgreens at 2 AM? haha!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM

430 posts, read 1,650,950 times

Culture
Food
Exotic
Beaches
Exciting
Latinas

Dislike

Crime
Humidity
Flatness
Traffic
Hurricane season
Poverty/wealth gap

Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post
lmao - for REAL winterfront. i ADORE them! and bonus - it's a relatively healthy snack with a nice portion of leafy green vegetable. two thumbs UUUUUUP!

i often get home in the middle of the night from a gig, and the 24-7 walgreen's even has them in their hot pastry cases.... maybe not the 'best' quality, or freshest - but a bazillion times better than mcdonalds or BK on the way home. and honestly,... where ELSE can you get hot pastries at a walgreens at 2 AM? haha!
One day I went late to Chetano's and they were just about to close. I bought like 2 empanadas and that was it. Then the lady asked me if I wanted something else to which I replied "do you have anything for 1 dollar?". She kindly gave me half of the dishes left on the display. I WAS THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Love:

- Beaches
- Shopping (great bargains and variety)
- Miami Beach in general (diverse, fun, walkable, and the beach is beautiful)
- Nice restaurants and bars
- Nice January and February weather (Most days, except for the humid and rainy days)
- Beautiful skyline

Hate:

- The city is full of rude, nasty, materialistic, fake, low-moral, wannabes, uneducated individuals
- Promiscuity everywhere
- Horrible drivers
- Lack of public transit
- Huge gap between the rich and the poor, lack of middle-class
- Everything is so expensive (it's hard to live in a decent place)
- Low, low, low low, low salaries everywhere, except if you're a CEO, crook, politicians or own a profitable business.
- No professional opportunities, most jobs in Miami are low-paying and unskilled jobs.
- Immigrants don't assimilate (they don't want to learn the language and don't even care and bring their bad manners)
- Too hot and humid 9-10 months a year
- Lack of diveristy (everybody is either Cuban or Colombian)
- Boring, nothing to do besides clubbing or going to the beach....
- Long distances if you live in the suburbs (where most live)
- Too flat

To the parts in bold:

I have no problem with the promiscuity , haahahaha.

It's true. I noticed this myself but I thought I was over thinking. I was at Dolphin Mall and I went to a smoothie shop and the lady caught an attitude with me because I spoke English with her instead of Spanish. She was obviously Cuban.

I noticed that the suburbs suck. If you don't have a car or if you're car breaks down you're screwed, and the state is very flat for me.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
[/b]

It's true. I noticed this myself but I thought I was over thinking. I was at Dolphin Mall and I went to a smoothie shop and the lady caught an attitude with me because I spoke English with her instead of Spanish. She was obviously Cuban.
I hate that Cuban attitude, we're in America NOT in Havana!!

Today, I went to a Shoe Store by FIU and I asked the lady working there (her boyfriend was there with her) about the return policy in the store. She doesn't even know how to say hello (Of course, she's Cuban). She had no idea was "returning policy" meant and her she looked at her boyfriend with a WTF??? face... ONLY IN MIAMI!!!

A couple months ago in the same store and with the same Cuban lady working there, I had to translate for her becuase she got an FIU student who spoke no Spanish.... ONLY IN MIAMI!!!!! So many people in Miami who speak perfect English are unemployed, and this lady who has no intention to learn the language still there ONLY IN MIAMI!!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:

Today, I went to a Shoe Store by FIU and I asked the lady working there (her boyfriend was there with her) about the return policy in the store. She doesn't even know how to say hello (Of course, she's Cuban). She had no idea was "returning policy" meant and her she looked at her boyfriend with a WTF??? face... ONLY IN MIAMI!!!

A couple months ago in the same store and with the same Cuban lady working there, I had to translate for her becuase she got an FIU student who spoke no Spanish.... ONLY IN MIAMI!!!!! So many people in Miami who speak perfect English are unemployed, and this lady who has no intention to learn the language still there ONLY IN MIAMI!!
THe all 5 dollar shoe store? I remember I went there back in the early 2000's with my mom and sisters.

damn, the years pass by very fast.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:51 AM

202 posts, read 568,121 times
Quote:

Did she have a Cuban flag stamped on her bottom?
Maybe she was Paraguayan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami