Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM

145 posts, read 302,350 times

Advertisements

This weekend is Urban Beach Week here on Miami Beach. I read that 400,000 people are expected this year.

Has anybody attended this event in the past? What's it like?

Memorial Day Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
never attended because the beach is so crowded during urban beach but I know beach residents hate it. I have an aunt who lives on south beach and she either shutters herself in or gets off the island until the madness is over.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
Oh man!!! That's right ! All the nasty ghetto hip-hoppers are going to invade Miami Beach this weekend ! Memorial Day weekend.

All I can tell you is that Miami Beach is a MAD HOUSE and there are always some isolated shootings, many fights, a stabbing or two during memorial day weekend on Miami Beach. Miami Beach Police hires hundreds of police officers from surrounding jurisdictions to try to beef up security...but it only helps a little.

Watch the news this weekend and on Tuesday.....I GUARANTEE you that you will here about something being assaulted, stabbed or shot. Mark my words. IN fact, I will keep this thread alive and post something when it happens. How about that ?

My suggestion is to STAY AWAY from Miami-Beach this weekend. It brings out the thugs and the gangs and is not what Miami-Beach typically is. Believe me.

Take a look for yourself how FUN it looks like it's going to be ! :

YouTube - Memorial Day 2007-1 South Beach Miami

YouTube - SOUTH BEACH MEMORIAL DAY MURDER SCENE!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:07 PM

59 posts, read 76,914 times
Just don't go there. My first year in Miami I happened to be in a hotel with family and friends who rented rooms at a Collins ave hotel for the weekend. Big mistake. Retaurants close shop due to walkouts; stores shut down because of astronomical rates of retail theft. Many might blame the gangster wankster crowd or blacks; Miami's problems are not genetic, they are cultural. Just garbage on the beach, that's all.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
This is for the mainstream fools who are killing the art form, true hip-hop heads know Rock the Bells 2008 in West Palm Beach is where it's at.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
This is for the mainstream fools who are killing the art form, true hip-hop heads know Rock the Bells 2008 in West Palm Beach is where it's at.
Tru dat man, I wish I could make it...it's supposed to come to Miami too. Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Immortal Technique, Ghostface, all real **it.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,226 times
Isn't Rock the Bells coming to downtown Miami in August? I tell you it reminds me of my younger days? Atleast some art form of it is still surviving.

Anyways alot of people have already warned me about South Beach during Memorial weekend, hence im packing up and heading to Sarasota with family and a couple of friends.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Tru dat man, I wish I could make it...it's supposed to come to Miami too. Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Immortal Technique, Ghostface, all real **it.
Don't forget the Pharcyde as special guests... and the many other great acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
Isn't Rock the Bells coming to downtown Miami in August? I tell you it reminds me of my younger days? Atleast some art form of it is still surviving.

Anyways alot of people have already warned me about South Beach during Memorial weekend, hence im packing up and heading to Sarasota with family and a couple of friends.
I know it's coming to the Cruzan Amphitheater in West Palm Beach on August 2nd.

For some reason sites are listing the Cruzan theater as in Miami when it's not.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,226 times
The website is listing it as being in Bicentenial Park. I really don't know, but will stay tuned.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:53 PM

149 posts, read 562,695 times
If you decide to go, you can swing by my place and I'll loan you some football equipment. Cause trust me, you'll need it. "THERE WILL BE A SELECT FEW PACKING SOME MAJOR FIRE POWER"

No seriously it's not that bad.

Moderator cut: link

Last edited by Keeper; 05-24-2008 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: link has nothing to do with topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami