Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 PM

20 posts, read 37,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
It's not a bad way to get started honestly. I know a lot of honest hard working people that move from around the country and get their start in an efficiency or renting out a room in Hialeah or Westchester and live in Weston, Key Biscayne and Brickell nowadays.
I know it's a great way to start depending on who you live with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
If Immokalee is not an option, I guess the next place would be Bonita Springs
Since this is the Miami forum, I didn't mention Bonita Springs. However, where the heck can you find a rental for $600 in Bonita? I lived there for over 13 years, so I'm very familiar with the area. Even 10 years ago that would have been low. Anyway, it's a 2 hour drive to Miami.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM

666 posts, read 1,290,836 times
I believe there are areas near downtown in Bonita and close to U.S. 41 that do not look like rentals are worth more than $800.

The reason why I jumped to SW Florida is because as you know there is absolutely nothin between Naples and Weston, both which are quite expensive. SW FL is not the cheapest place in Florida, but it ain't as expensive as SoFla. I am pretty sure traffic towards Naples should be much less than going North of SoFla since there are not big cities on the way to Miami.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibradiva View Post
That sounds great. I would love to move in with some hopefully decent people to help me get acquainted with Miami.
Till someone calls code enforcement and you get evicted..LOL!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
I believe there are areas near downtown in Bonita and close to U.S. 41 that do not look like rentals are worth more than $800.

The reason why I jumped to SW Florida is because as you know there is absolutely nothin between Naples and Weston, both which are quite expensive. SW FL is not the cheapest place in Florida, but it ain't as expensive as SoFla. I am pretty sure traffic towards Naples should be much less than going North of SoFla since there are not big cities on the way to Miami.
Yes, you're right, but alibradiva said $600. I know a couple of 2/2 duplex apartments near the beach that rent for around $800, although when you add utilities, the total cost is a lot higher. That's why I suggested sharing if someone is on a tight budget. Miami is an entirely different atmosphere, however. Bonita is close to Naples, but it's still boring. Miami, on the other hand, has some nightlife, even if you just want to people watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibradiva View Post
I know it's a great way to start depending on who you live with.
True. It definitely can become complicated.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:

I would take Miami over Naples. I am thankful for all the suggestions.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, you're right, but alibradiva said $600. I know a couple of 2/2 duplex apartments near the beach that rent for around $800, although when you add utilities, the total cost is a lot higher. That's why I suggested sharing if someone is on a tight budget. Miami is an entirely different atmosphere, however. Bonita is close to Naples, but it's still boring. Miami, on the other hand, has some nightlife, even if you just want to people watch. True. It definitely can become complicated.
It could be especially complicated if you end up with a drug addict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami