Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM

515 posts, read 625,002 times

Advertisements

Case in point:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post...ican-superstar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM

313 posts, read 648,157 times
Dumbasses

Also, the premise of your title is ridiculous.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 PM

No, the assumption or premise of the title is true and well documented.

Perhaps you would rather the supporting link have a direct connection to Miami rather than reflect the profound dislike or misunderstanding of many white americans in this country regarding hispanics?

You can read the rest of the Miami forum for that.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,902,829 times
Um, Marc Anthony was born in NY. Is that not America? Not sure what the problem was? Not a fan of Marc Anthony but those comments you linked to are completely ridiculous.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 PM

313 posts, read 648,157 times
It's the internet, people let their stupid show.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Um, Marc Anthony was born in NY. Is that not America? Not sure what the problem was? Not a fan of Marc Anthony but those comments you linked to are completely ridiculous.
Very true and he is certainly not Mexican. These were real people, it seems, on twitter with their real names and photos tossing that nonsense out there. I didn't watch the game so I didn't see or hear if there was actually booing at the game.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:22 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Very true and he is certainly not Mexican. These were real people, it seems, on twitter with their real names and photos tossing that nonsense out there. I didn't watch the game so I didn't see or hear if there was actually booing at the game.
It seems to me based on the title of this thread, "It's no wonder Americans outside of South Florida have trouble considering Miami a real part of this country" that you concluded that the opinion of some random (possibly fake) twitter users represents all Americans.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
It seems to me based on the title of this thread, "It's no wonder Americans outside of South Florida have trouble considering Miami a real part of this country" that you concluded that the opinion of some random (possibly fake) twitter users represents all Americans.
No, not fake. A thread is running on the NYC forum that I usually read right now. Apparently, he went on the Kelly Ripa (Kelly and Micheal?) Show this morning and discussed the backlash.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...w-yorkers.html

These people do not represent all Americans but the animosity they convey is fairly widespread even if not typically voiced. It's certainly an example of the complicated relationship we have in this country between groups and contributes to the way the City of Miami is perceived.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 PM

53 posts, read 103,576 times
Yeah big lol at that... Personally I think the issue with the San Antonio kid was worst...

Anyways

Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,748,572 times
Sorry to say this, but stupidity is rampant in the twitter, Facebook social media parts of the Internet. I rather have discussions on forums then be only allowed 140 characters to express my pov.

Hopefully those folks realize with all the data mining out there that thier stupidity will someday be on record and it may cost them a job or other position simply because they did not think before posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: