Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 AM

353 posts, read 814,587 times

Advertisements

Please elaborate more on what type of fraud Exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Please elaborate more on what type of fraud Exactly?
He can't. It's just frothing-at-the-mouth hyperbole.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
HOAs also are horrible the supposed "one time" assessments that they do. If you are not locked in to this place, consider a non HOA home.

I know it's petty but the liens the HOA can impose on you build over time so it is not worth being defiant with them.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 AM

106 posts, read 221,885 times
Look into the rules and regulations before you sign a lease. If you don't like what you read. Look elsewhere. Every place has different rules so I'm sure you can find somewhere that caters to your needs and likes. For instance, if you are not fond of animals, there are many associations that don't allow pets or have size restrictions. It's all about doing your research before making a commitment.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Last time I checked Miami is not Germany.....therefore I don't think anyone is at risk of drowning from the water used to wash a car.....
Funny how the whole"Cant wash your own car with your own water in front of the townhouse you rent or you will be evicted" is not in the manual for the home owner association..why don't they put this on the front page? This is why some rules are meant to be broken....esp such nonsense like this....if we all nitpicked at every single neighbor that is doing something we don't like very seldomly we would all be evicted at some point... I could careless about Image...or how a neighbor looks down on me for washing my car.....whats next? Cant bring in brown paper bags of groceries? Does anyone know if this would hold up in courts
I am curious how often you check that Miami is not Germany....

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
I have a relative who bought a house with a HOA which he bought new. A decade later the exterior paint of the house was fading and the HOA asked him to repaint his house and of course they have a color scheme in place. They gave him the name of the color the original developers had used and where to get it. He went and bought the paint and repainted the house.
The HOA then told him the color was too dark and incorrect and had to paint the house again in the proper color and he would be fined until the proper color was used. This battle with the HOA lasted for about 2 months with him being fined.
It was finally settled when the paint manufacturer stated that particular color was no longer being manufactured but they used the same name color for the new darker paint.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
You will be trapped in a community that is a relic from the time it was built. Just look at the 1980's developments that have HOA's. They will never be able to leave the 80's until the time when they are destroyed by a storm, or Miami heads down the road Detroit took. The only way you can make a safe investment is to buy non-HOA with large pieces of property. Those areas are impossible to turn into slums. If is a fraud in my opinion to set up an HOA and make rules that turn private property into communist slums. It is bad enough to have city and county governments stealing your money in taxes and regulations, why add more grief to your life?

Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
^ Your disgust & disdain for Miami is quite laughable if you think Miami will be the next Detroit!

Old 09-04-2013, 08:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ Your disgust & disdain for Miami is quite laughable if you think Miami will be the next Detroit!
All I am looking at is facts. Miami is the bubble town it is only because of funny money printed by the Fed and drug prohibition. Without that it is merely a tourist town. The FIRE economy is at its end and when it goes it will be just like when the auto industry started leaving in the 80's. It will take decades for Miami to fail but it will, guaranteed.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,081 times
Well 9825 SW 84 st , Miami, are always washing their cars on their driveway every single weekend with water pressure hoses, etc?! Is this legal?! Water, soap is flown all over the place! Including into the neighboring properties! What can be done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: