Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 PM

353 posts, read 813,924 times

Advertisements

Some of the rules and regulations are ridiculous.....you cant wash your own car in front of your own private parking area....yet you pay your rent and you pay for your own water.......and all you are doing is wetting the floor as if the floor does not get wet out here with all the tropical storms and it drys out even faster because of the heat.....you cant even work on your car for minor things like changing breaks I get that though...but come on washing your car and you may face eviction???? Really? yet they let certain places have owners that have tons of horse size pets that go to the bathroom all over the front of your sidewalk and the association does not concern themselves with this.....can someone explain to me if this is all true? can you really be kicked out for washing your own car? I see other tenants do it....and I saw once this one guy get into it with a woman because she was washing her own car with her own water in front of her own private parking spot in front of her townhouse he took pictures of her on his phone and all as if it was some sort of workman's compensation fraud.....Is this all true? I know people still do it but how sad and lame is it for another neighbor to loose sleep over the fact you wash your car on a nice sunny day?

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 08-28-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Rules are rules, they want an image, they are renting to potential renters or buyers, they don't won't soap suds flying all over the place or cars jacked up with repairs being done, it is a townhouse, not a car wash- in/mechanic shop.

Just because you or others see someone else doing it, does not make it right, subsequently you won't see those people.

As far as pets go the owners I am sure pay hefty pet deposits per pet.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Rules maybe rules but the people that work for the so called associations break them and feel they themselves can do so because they are part of that club...I get the whole working on your car bit....its no mechanic shop outside...but washing your car really? soaps suds? Its not that serious.....why isn't there any signs for picking up after your dog? I don't see them stressing this? Their rules are not balanced out.....

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 08-28-2013 at 03:51 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Last time I checked Miami is not Germany.....therefore I don't think anyone is at risk of drowning from the water used to wash a car.....
Funny how the whole"Cant wash your own car with your own water in front of the townhouse you rent or you will be evicted" is not in the manual for the home owner association..why don't they put this on the front page? This is why some rules are meant to be broken....esp such nonsense like this....if we all nitpicked at every single neighbor that is doing something we don't like very seldomly we would all be evicted at some point... I could careless about Image...or how a neighbor looks down on me for washing my car.....whats next? Cant bring in brown paper bags of groceries? Does anyone know if this would hold up in courts

Last edited by Outofthematrix; 08-28-2013 at 04:14 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times
That's why I bought my home in a non-HOA neighborhood. The less power hungry people in control of anything to do with me, the better. With that being said, the apartments where my son lives has a car wash area. Maybe they have that somewhere in the neighborhood?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Does anyone know if this would hold up in courts
Yes and yes.

The courts require that a prospective buyer be provided with the bylaws of the HOA before the purchase is finalized. If the buyer doesn't like the rules, he is free to cancel his contract to purchase a house or condo within the HOA community. However, if he signs off on the paperwork, then he has agreed to abide by those bylaws and the courts will uphold them (absent a provision that violates federal or state law).

This is not a Miami issue, this is an HOA issue. The rule about not washing your car or working on your car in your driveway is a very common provision in HOAs around the country. It's very simple. If you don't like the rules and regulations of the HOA, then don't live in one that has such rules.

This isn't rocket science, it's common sense. But then again....

Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 PM

What if you own the property as in you bought it,can you still be evicted?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
What if you own the property as in you bought it,can you still be evicted?
You can't be "evicted" from a property you own unless you stop making payments to the bank. What they can do is fine you, or place a court order that you must stop the actions which are not allowed.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Anyone who buys into these "communities" has been a victim of fraud or has serious mental issues. What a petty, stupid excuse for a place to live. This would have been impossible 50 years ago, people would have laughed at it.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Do not buy into a HOA community. It's that simple. Save yourself the headache now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: