Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:44 PM

270 posts, read 703,262 times

Advertisements

So I got a ticket yesterday on the way home. It was a school zone area with 15mph posted sign, so i slowed down to 10mph as usual. Out of nowhere, a FHP car pulled up in front of me and slowed down to 5mph (I know cuz I always slow down when I see cops,) so I decided to change the lane to make a right turn (I admitted that I was lost cuz the area was new to me.) My navigation didn't agree with me and wanted me to keep going straight. I changed back. This time, the FHP was still there and suddenly accelerated, so I followed. Then he hit the brake hard and I almost hit him. Long story short, he gave me a ticket for double the speed of the school zone 15mph. I was perplexed, how come my Honda suddenly got from 5mph to 30mph within 3 sec from almost stand still point? Cop refused to listen to my explanation. Should I have Alex Hanna/ticket clinic handle that? I'm still in school, so I don't have time to go downtown and I don't even know how to get there.
P.S: Last time I got speeding ticket (over 10mph) was 5 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Ticket Clinic or Traffic Team.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Ticket Clinic is pretty good. I would go with one that garauntees some results or new fee.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 AM

Have you guys tried either one? I called Alex Hanna and ticket clinic with different fees, though.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 PM

My only ticket so far (knock on wood) I used ticket clinic. Paid the fee, they got the ticket wiped off my record. No fine, no school nothing. Judge dropped it.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:30 PM

93 posts, read 312,123 times
You have the right to remain silent when questioned.
Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning, if you wish.
If you decide to answer any questions now, without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.
Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?

Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
My only ticket so far (knock on wood) I used ticket clinic. Paid the fee, they got the ticket wiped off my record. No fine, no school nothing. Judge dropped it.
That sounds great! The cop was having that time of the month when he wrote the ticket, I guess. Hope I can get this thing settled.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderNYC View Post
You have the right to remain silent when questioned.
Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning, if you wish.
If you decide to answer any questions now, without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.
Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?
That's great that you know the Miranda Warning. What does it have to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2da2nd View Post
That sounds great! The cop was having that time of the month when he wrote the ticket, I guess. Hope I can get this thing settled.
There are some who won't make you pay any fees if they can't reduce your fine, get you no points etc.. So look around but from my experience and other people I know ticket clinic is pretty good if your goal is to not have the ticket on your record.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
sometimes you still need to pay the court fees in the end, but you don't have the ticket on your records.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Yeah, I've called couple of places. Alex Hanna quoted $150, but willing to drop to $110 if I'd pay now. $69 is for ticket clinic, with court fee "less than the price of the ticket +$69." None said anything about paying court fee will make the ticket disappear since their attorneys will fight for you in front of the judge. They lose, you pay the fine, your record will be updated with that speeding ticket My goal is not having to pay extra on insurance because of the ticket nor the $400 ticket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami