Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:39 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times

Advertisements

Thought it would be a decent idea to have a thread up here to discuss the latest projects in Miami. After seeing this one planning on break ground in May figured now is a good time as this will be exciting and controversial at the same time.

Berkowitz: SkyRise Miami To Break Ground In May - exMiami

http://i.imgur.com/RfQDVS6.jpg

What do you guys think? I like the idea and if other obervation decks around the world are an indicator it should make some money and it will bring even more people to Bayside. Could it look better? Sure but it will have some pretty awesome amenities.

In other news:

We of course have Brickell CityCentre up and going, construction seems to be on time for the first phases.
The worldcenter mall has announced anchor stores and I believe construction is set to begin later this year.
There are too many projects going up in Brickell to even name the rest.

Sunny Isles/North Dade is also having ton of development especially projects from Dezer Development. The Porsche Tower is one of the most exclusive and unique condo buildings in the world and now Dezer annoucmed this: Dezer To Build 600 Units At Intracoastal Mall In North Miami Beach - exMiami

Also Exmiami is reporting Avenutra mall is planning on an expansion to become the second largest mall in the country. It is already one of the top 5 grossing malls in the country. Will be interesting to see if this move is about the two new shopping districts going up in Downtown and Brickell. There is also a planned Commercial/Residentail development in Aventura off Biscayne. Sort of like a downtown area.

There is also this possible development in Doral: http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...ion-a-city.php Trying to make Doral have its own area.

So discuss away: Or add other development news as it comes. It is an exciting time to be in Miami that is for sure.

As for the bubble prospects though as I am sure that will come up. The majority of these condos are being purchased cash. A sell market crash is no where near as likely. Which I would not be surprised to see is a dip in rental values when more condos are put on the rental market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 10:23 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
I hope the Miami Ski Jump, err, Miami Skyrise, never gets off the ground. It's an embarrassment to the city, design wise.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Love it or hate it , I think the designers and developers have attained their goal. Which is to create something that is truly unique, easily recognizable and will identify Miami. Just like the Sydney Opera House in Sydney Australia, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis Missouri.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:13 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
Well I know at least we have a major turnpike expansion on the south side and in my area in cutler bay there are major changes in the "beautifying" aspects of it with at least three roundabouts, new lighting and paved cross walks. I think a lot of changes are coming for Miami, the most visible are the downtown, midtown and brickell area but I also think that smaller suburbs will want to break from unincorporated Miami dade and become small villages like what Pinecrest, palmetto bay and cutler bay have done.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Well I know at least we have a major turnpike expansion on the south side and in my area in cutler bay there are major changes in the "beautifying" aspects of it with at least three roundabouts, new lighting and paved cross walks. I think a lot of changes are coming for Miami, the most visible are the downtown, midtown and brickell area but I also think that smaller suburbs will want to break from unincorporated Miami dade and become small villages like what Pinecrest, palmetto bay and cutler bay have done.

It hasn't happened more because the county has a moratorium in effect preventing areas from incorporating. I am sure that it will eventually be lifted and we will see more areas incorporating like you say.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:30 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
The County Commissioners have a special public meeting on Feb 27 to discuss lifting the moratorium. From what I've heard most of the commissioners are in favor of incorporating the rest of the county. so we're like Broward County, which has no unincorporated areas.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,380 times
As far as I can tell, the Aventura "Town Center" is going to be just a renovated and updated version of the former Loehmans Fashion Island, with Saks Off Fifth as the main anchor instead of Leohmans, and the addition of some more expensive restaurants and valet parking. Functionally, though, it won't be a proper "downtown."

Also there are some plans for transforming the Aventura Mall surface lots (good riddance!) into garages and doing some mixed-use transit oriented development with the upcoming FEC commuter rail. "Upcoming" as in at least a few years away and most likely 5+ years, as I haven't heard anything recently about the Tri-Rail "quick start" plan, and I haven't seen any ground breaking ceremonies yet... One thing for sure, the apparent delay in the FEC commuter rail is holding back lots of development potential in northeast Dade and eastern Broward.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
I don't love it or hate it... I'm just indifferent about it.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 PM

650 posts, read 1,629,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I don't love it or hate it... I'm just indifferent about it.
You're just apathetic!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 PM

167 posts, read 246,540 times
I want to hear developments of urbanization and public transportation. What's the point of having an amazing skyline, signature buildings, signature bridges, if the city doesn't have great urbanization or mass transit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami