Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:55 AM

530 posts, read 1,462,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover1 View Post
I want to hear developments of urbanization and public transportation. What's the point of having an amazing skyline, signature buildings, signature bridges, if the city doesn't have great urbanization or mass transit?

Didn't know people in Miami cared about this since most seemed to gloat over all the condos being built, which many people who live there cant even afford to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,777,875 times
Personally I will enjoy more the future thread about Miami's biggest White Elephants. All this overpriced high rise space will be picked over and only the very best will be occupied while the rest sits to rot until prices fall to income levels. The Fed's money printing (QE) is the only reason foreign investors can throw money at this nonsense.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:22 PM

167 posts, read 247,085 times
One thing I can't stand is putting time, money and effort into things that are irrelevant, like "signature" bridges, that won't be finished quickly and will take years to finish, over more important things like urbanization, public transportation, etc. Plus, we already have a signature bridge. When someone sees a picture with the bridge and skyline, they know it's Miami. Maybe if they see the bridge on it's own they won't, but WHO CARES?! SMH.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 AM

249 posts, read 420,610 times
Quote:
One thing I can't stand is putting time, money and effort into things that are irrelevant, like "signature" bridges, that won't be finished quickly and will take years to finish, over more important things like urbanization, public transportation, etc. Plus, we already have a signature bridge. When someone sees a picture with the bridge and skyline, they know it's Miami. Maybe if they see the bridge on it's own they won't, but WHO CARES?! SMH.
Because that would make too much sense.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:47 PM

167 posts, read 247,085 times
Is it asking for too much for one of the most populated metro area's city/principal city, one of the most popular, etc. to be truly urban, have decent public transportation that covers all of the city and to have decent parks in 2014?!?!?!?! You know, like the other major metro area's cities have since decades ago.

It seems to me that the people in charge just want Miami to have and be known for irrelevant things like signature bridges, signature buildings, great skyline, popular beaches, popular clubs, popular party events, popular nightlife and etc. instead of having and being known for more important things like great urbanization, great public transportation, great green spaces, great universities and institutions, great recycling and etc. I mean, Miami has THE EVERGLADES IN IT'S BACKYARD, but yet do not take advantage of it and ignore it. SMH.

People need to stop voting in idiots and being in favor of dumb things.

People complain about traffic but do nothing to give the people in charge no choice but to do urbanization and public transportation. They support more stupid suburban parking spaces and more.

I have yet to see anything significantly good come out of destroying the legendary Orange Bowl, building Marlins Park or building the Port Tunnel.

Oh, and amazing job letting Wal Mart build a gigantic Wal Mart in Wynwood. H O R R I B L E.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:35 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,423,255 times
Quote:

Oh, and amazing job letting Wal Mart build a gigantic Wal Mart in Wynwood. H O R R I B L E.
it went through?

Old 02-22-2014, 05:42 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,953,657 times
I believe a new Eastern Airlines is making its way back, I'll see if I can find the article.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:46 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I believe a new Eastern Airlines is making its way back, I'll see if I can find the article.
And here it is

Group files to bring back Eastern Air Lines - Jan. 30, 2014

Old 02-23-2014, 06:34 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,580,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
it went through?
Yes the Wal-Mart in Mid-Town went through although it won't look like the suburban shoe box most are used too.

As for the Port Tunnel that has been in the plans for decades now and will help getting cargo trucks off of Biscayne Blvd. and directly to I-95. This is part of the plan to accept the new super 'Panamex" ships that go through the Panama canal which is being dredged and Miami will be one of the few east coast ports that will be able to accommadate them.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:27 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,023,327 times
A residential tower is planned to be built across the street from the performing arts center: Melo's Residential Tower Across From Arsht To Be Called 'Melody' - exMiami

I recently drove by Brickell Citicenter and it is going nicely. Won't be surprised to see an on-time completion of the project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami