Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times

Advertisements

I am being relocated from Ireland to Florida with my company. The office is based in Fort Lauderdale. Could someone give me some advice on which would be the best areas to live? I understand it depends on the life style you wanna have.I am a 32 years old single guy which is really into sports: soccer, Tennis, golf, surfing...

I was wondering whether it would be better off above on the North Fourt Laudardale or somewhere between Miami and FL.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 02:20 PM

471 posts, read 851,166 times
Miami is more international. You should probably live in Aventura or North Miami Beach. If you want to play on a soccer team, contact me.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitos View Post
I am being relocated from Ireland to Florida with my company. The office is based in Fort Lauderdale. Could someone give me some advice on which would be the best areas to live? I understand it depends on the life style you wanna have.I am a 32 years old single guy which is really into sports: soccer, Tennis, golf, surfing...

I was wondering whether it would be better off above on the North Fourt Laudardale or somewhere between Miami and FL.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Surfing... we don't really have big waves. But there is some surf in Deerfield Beach (just north of Fort Lauderdale). Or Haulover Inlet (Sunny Isles).

Where exactly in Fort Lauderdale is your office? And what is your budget?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,216 times
I would rather live in Ft Lauderdale, Aventura and Miami is not for an Irishman.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:47 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,621 times
As closer possible to a big city..aventura, north miami beach...areas of miami.
In other more "american" areas, you'll have to be american to get used to live in a car driving miles and miles to go anywhere, distances are atrocious, don't move to a typical american suburbia out in the everglades such as coral park, etc...those areas are graveyards, boring, miles and miles...Don't visit Irish Pubs there, there you'll find crawling lifeforms and trouble, only good to watch soccer. Soccer, I remember there was a team in ft. lauderdale, but Miami is better at that, there's even a barça school.
No place fir surfing, but good fishing..
Don't hang with expats, you'll learn nothing and are mostly bums.

Last edited by Miserere; 10-10-2014 at 06:21 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 05:59 AM

366 posts, read 517,432 times
u will get more irish, australian, english n south africans in FLL. miami i very very hispanic. budget is the biggest thing here. if ur single n like to mingle then las olas n the beaches is where u will be at. theres a few irish bars in FLL aswell.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:48 AM

106 posts, read 174,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlatteryS View Post
I would rather live in Ft Lauderdale, Aventura and Miami is not for an Irishman.
Most bias comment ever. Miami is for anyone who wants to live here. We're free to live where ever we wish.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:29 PM

249 posts, read 419,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiDominican92 View Post
Most bias comment ever. Miami is for anyone who wants to live here. We're free to live where ever we wish.
He's obviously talking about culture. ie, Miami is too hispanic for an Irishman, not that the Irish don't belong here.

As for surfing, that's not really a thing down here

Old 10-10-2014, 08:02 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
my neighbors just moved in and they are Irish. They seem to be adjusting well.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:19 PM

361 posts, read 837,612 times
Miami is very European, you should adjust better than anywhere else in the US.
Just avoid the bad parts and you'll be fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami