Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 PM

8 posts, read 9,644 times

Advertisements

So I live in a condo with my dad and the apt has only 1 room so i have my bed and stuff in the living room right in front of the wall between my and her apt. now the problem is not the fact that i can hear her screaming cause i barely can, the problem is that when shes banging she ****ing hits the wall repeatedly and its annoying because its super loud. still is weird because why would she bang in her living room when she has her room. and before i moved to the living room i was using the only room my apt has and never heard her banging at all.. wtf.. she also randomly hits the wall a few times everyday. I'm not sure what to do, help please :S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,418,869 times
complain to the condo association? i had to read the thread a couple of times

Old 11-04-2014, 03:32 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Ask her out!!!

Old 11-04-2014, 08:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,895,441 times
Complain to the management, or the police if there is no management in charge. You don't have to just live with it. Usually in a situation like that, the person doesn't realize that they're disturbing people, and one complaint is enough to get them to at least choose another wall... The question is what is the banging for, though? It is a hammer, like they're adding things to the walls? It is a domestic abuse situation? If you have a sense that it is something specific, you can call the appropriate people. Call the police if there seems to be domestic abuse, because police care more about that than a noise disturbance. Call the management if you think they're building onto the wall, because management will be more concerned about their property than they are about noise. If you don't know WHAT it is, try management first and see if they will address the noise complaint. IF they don't, they suck anyway, and you should consider moving eventually because you need responsive caring management - if in fact you can afford better. Living in apartments sucks for this reason. I lived in an apartment that had a meth lab in the apartment sharing a wall with mine. It was a nightmare, and ultimately I had to move because it seemed that the residents were paying people off to keep their lucrative drug business going.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Ask her out!!!
That is exactly what I was thinking.

I also have a feeling the OP is just jealous that the girl next door is getting some and he is living with dad.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:49 AM

im not jealous xD though i wouldnt mind going out with her since shes really hot.. but still is annoying.. i guess i'll just tell her to keep it quiet

Old 11-04-2014, 08:55 AM

i can't tell what shes using to hit the wall but its like a bed but since shes banging in her living room i wouldnt know. maybe her couch? not sure.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
It's amazing that multi family buildings are built with anything other than concrete walls. Something for the new urbanists to think about, you never have that problem in a single family home! One thing a friend did in his poor days when in college and living in an apartment was to push an orbital sander against the wall of someone making noise. Eventually they are the ones complaining and that shuts them up over time. When they make noise turn the sander on and they get the hint.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_13 View Post
So I live in a condo with my dad and the apt has only 1 room so i have my bed and stuff in the living room right in front of the wall between my and her apt. now the problem is not the fact that i can hear her screaming cause i barely can, the problem is that when shes banging she ****ing hits the wall repeatedly and its annoying because its super loud. still is weird because why would she bang in her living room when she has her room. and before i moved to the living room i was using the only room my apt has and never heard her banging at all.. wtf.. she also randomly hits the wall a few times everyday. I'm not sure what to do, help please :S
it may actually be coming from something in your head trying to get out

Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 AM

I think you're getting the wrong idea.. she's been doing that for months and it's annoying that's all. The reason I said i live with my dad is to explain why I'm in the living room and I'm living with him to help him financially and btw the reason I'm explaining this is because I think what you're trying to say is that I'm a nerd/antisocial guy making things up which I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami