Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 PM

104 posts, read 452,303 times

Advertisements

hey im from australia and wanting to come to a heat game.

is the area around american airlines arena safe? are there car break ins or muggings after the game or before?

and where wouldn't you go on your way there eg west of the arena?

any help would be apreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 06:44 AM

440 posts, read 1,495,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggas View Post

is the area around american airlines arena safe? are there car break ins or muggings after the game or before?

The area around AA is ok and getting better , if you stay just North or South you will be fine . There is police presence all over the place and increased security especially during the Heat games . The areas just west of the arena are spotty , so just do not go there . We either head over to Miami Beach for a drink after a Heat game or a couple miles South to Mary Brickell Village just off Brickell Avenue which is a nice area for either late night drinks or a snack . There is parking with security right next to the arena near Bayside .. I have gone to at least twenty Heat games over the last two years and have not heard about muggings or had my car broken into .... now that said you should always be careful anywhere in Dade County and especially at night ... just use common sense and you will be fine .

Old 12-17-2007, 09:15 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,138,702 times
THere isn't a reason to be near the AAA other than for an event, so I don't think you will ever find yourself west of it. The area around it is basically one big pay and park at game time, so there is some safety in numbers, and the parking is "guarded". The rest of Biscayane Blvd. is just an urban throughofare that is eternally up and coming...so it has the run of the mill big city problems, but nothing to be overly worried about.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 PM

440 posts, read 1,495,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
THere isn't a reason to be near the AAA other than for an event, so I don't think you will ever find yourself west of it. The area around it is basically one big pay and park at game time, so there is some safety in numbers, and the parking is "guarded". The rest of Biscayane Blvd. is just an urban throughofare that is eternally up and coming...so it has the run of the mill big city problems, but nothing to be overly worried about.
There you go that is the Chelito23 I usually agree with !!!

Good post !!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
The only bad thing is that there is nothing to do and nowhere to go around the arena. It's abandoned at night and ugly. As for unsafe, it's just typical Miami-dade county.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM

142 posts, read 608,511 times
The area right around the arena is safe. You'll be fine.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM

518 posts, read 2,226,765 times
We're part of a group with Heat season tickets and have gone to 5-7 games a year for the past six years, and you've gotten good advice from Musclehead and Chelito. We've never had a problem with crime. Only a few things I'd add: First, don't walk toward the "old" arena, which is a few blocks due west of the AAA. Second, if driving, arrive at least 45 minutes or so early as good parking disappears quickly after that and the traffic near the arena piles up. This way, you won't have to get too "adventuresome" in trying to find a safe parking spot (although with the Heat struggling this season, I'd expect the crowds are down a bit).

Old 12-17-2007, 05:00 PM

104 posts, read 452,303 times
Default thanks

thanks for your help

i hope this will keep me safe

Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM

854 posts, read 2,864,103 times
like chisoxfan already mentioned, get there early and find cheap parking. if you don't want to spend an hour or so waiting inside the arena, go to bayside and have a drink or two before the game and then walk over to the arena. enjoy the game!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM

224 posts, read 1,001,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggas View Post

I am going to get flamed for this but why would you want to watch the Heat play? LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: