Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
They have a bunch of things,I go for the strawberry shakes but they have strawberry shortcakes,hot dogs,ice cream,sundaes,etc...
YES!! Burr's berryfarm or something?? I've been there once... years ago and got a strawberry shake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 06:55 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times
Yes they have a stand where they serve yummy shakes, ice cream, sundaes, hotdogs and other items. Usually a long line for them and the sundaes are huge.

I have been going towards the back for the you pick sections strawberries up front and tomatoes in the back.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,211 times
Whats the difference between Burrs and Norman Brothers on 87th ave?

Old 03-11-2015, 02:13 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
I love Burrs' homemade strawberry ice cream.....el yummmmo!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:02 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times
The difference is that you literally pick veggies and fruit and herbs from their verticle outdoor system. YOU choose what produce you want to buy. Strawberries(awesome beyond anything you can buy at a store) are 3.50 a lb BUT the taste and that you get the most ripe and biggest juiciest tomatoes.

Not only the heirloom and cherry, and these things called dot tomatoes which are the size of small marbles and are beyond belief in flavor. You also get their farm produce with real red onions, white onions and real peppers on the stand.

Then on top of all of that they have the jEllie's and the food. Shakes like you have never had them.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:35 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
Whats the difference between Burrs and Norman Brothers on 87th ave?
I did used to like Norman Bros.

Happy to have a new place to check out! I'll see if I can stop in sometime on my way up. I'm also craving a stop at Robert Is Here for some difficult-to-find exotic fruits. Good to know though that time to visit Burr's is limited!

Soon I hope to be growing so much stuff at my place that I no longer need to pay anyone else for produce. But I'm not quite there yet... It will take another year or two of work still!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
I did used to like Norman Bros.

Happy to have a new place to check out! I'll see if I can stop in sometime on my way up. I'm also craving a stop at Robert Is Here for some difficult-to-find exotic fruits. Good to know though that time to visit Burr's is limited!

Soon I hope to be growing so much stuff at my place that I no longer need to pay anyone else for produce. But I'm not quite there yet... It will take another year or two of work still!
Growing vegetables in south Florida is among the most difficult in the US. Poor soil and insects are your main enemies. However, once you get it down to a science you will be amazed at what you get to eat! I have both a hydroponic and conventional garden and am going to try my hand at aquaponics soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami