Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,659 times

Advertisements

Guys,

In November, this year; i will be moving from Houston To Kendall FL. Please advice where to live if working at Baptist Health West Kendall.

Not looking for any fancy stuff (My budget is between $600-800), just a place to sleep, shower, and chill once in a while on my day off.

I am a single guy so wud definitely like to be in hustle and bustle of town rather than some suburb.

Inputs r highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 02:21 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Baptist Health West Kendall is in the suburbs of Kendall itself and I'm not sure you are going to find a decent place for your price range unless you get a room mate.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:27 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
I don't live in Miami, but I have relatives in Kendall and know the area. The most hustle and bustle you're going to find in Kendall will be in the hospital where you will be working. Its a suburban area, mostly single family dwellings, and mostly above your price range unless, as the poster above said, you get a roommate. Good luck.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Baptist Health West Kendall is in the suburbs of Kendall itself and I'm not sure you are going to find a decent place for your price range unless you get a room mate.

how abt the area near dadeland mall? it looked pretty busy while i was driving by that place.

Is it a expensive place?

Old 10-08-2015, 03:28 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,902,366 times
Baptist West Kendall is nowhere near Dadeland. There are plenty of apartments in the Hammocks and surrounding area but none in that price range. 1 bedrooms are all around 1k and up. Maybe you can find a room that someone is renting out of home. Btw, West Kendall Baptist is smack dab in the suburbs. It's on the opposite end of any "town" hustle and bustle.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:31 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,902,366 times
Oh, and Dadeland area isn't in your budget either. Sorry. Google street view West Kendall Baptist hospital so you can check the area out yourself.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:12 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,699,775 times
dude, you're never gonna find a one bedroom in that price range.
Also, there is no town anywhere nearby. You are gonna be quite literally living in the definition of "suburbia"... surrounded by single family tract housing, strip malls, and traffic.

It's very plain, very boring, you're gonna hate it honestly. I would stay in Houston if I were you.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
dude, you're never gonna find a one bedroom in that price range.
Also, there is no town anywhere nearby. You are gonna be quite literally living in the definition of "suburbia"... surrounded by single family tract housing, strip malls, and traffic.

It's very plain, very boring, you're gonna hate it honestly. I would stay in Houston if I were you.
Oh boy...i m already having second thoughts...lol

The job offer is very tempting so i m kinda in catch 22 situation....i can afford up to 1K on rent but the idea is to save few bucks...i m also willing to commute for like 30-45 mins. Commute will not be an issue as my shift starts at 7A so my guess is that commute will be somewhat hassle free....any suggestions?

Old 10-08-2015, 07:48 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,981 times
I live like 5-10 minutes south of the hospital and most of the advice given so far is pretty accurate,I do think if you go up to $900-$1000 you'll find something.If you want something close Hammocks has plenty of apartments,I would hope 1K can find you something there.But without a doubt this is a suburban as suburban can be.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM

823 posts, read 1,126,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbe7872 View Post
Oh boy...i m already having second thoughts...lol

The job offer is very tempting so i m kinda in catch 22 situation....i can afford up to 1K on rent but the idea is to save few bucks...i m also willing to commute for like 30-45 mins. Commute will not be an issue as my shift starts at 7A so my guess is that commute will be somewhat hassle free....any suggestions?
30 - 45 minutes of commute in Miami can mean going less than 5 miles in some places. Many lights on Kendall Drive will take 3 or 4 cycles to get through. Do some research before committing to a move here. Many companies will low ball you on salary and try and sell you on the weather and the lack of state income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: