Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:00 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times

Advertisements

"
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — Mosquitoes in Miami-Dade County have tested positive for the Zika virus.
The Florida Department of Agriculture announced Thursday that three mosquito samples taken from Miami Beach had the Zika virus.
The small section in Miami Beach where the mosquitoes were found is an area within the current zone already being treated for local transmission cases. This means there’s been increased trapping and intensified mosquito control measures in that area, according to officials.
Since then, about 95 more samples have been taken from Miami-Dade County and those groups tested negative for the virus.
“This find is disappointing, but not surprising. Florida is among the best in the nation when it comes to mosquito surveillance and control, and this detection enables us to continue to effectively target our resources. Miami-Dade County, the City of Miami Beach, and state and federal partners will continue to work aggressively to prevent the spread of Zika,” stated Commissioner of Agriculture Adam H. Putnam.
Miami Beach’s mayor says they are doing everything possible to control the mosquito population in the city and stop the spread of the virus that’s been linked to severe birth defects in babies.
“Miami Beach will continue to take a hardline in our fight against Zika. We are aggressively working to eliminate any and all potential mosquito breeding grounds. We are also working closely with our partners at the state and the county to ensure all resources are effectively deployed. Together we can contain and eliminate all cases of Zika. We need Congress to do its part to provide the necessary emergency resources to properly combat the spread of this virus,” stated Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine.
As of Wednesday, there were 47 non-travel related cases of the virus in Florida and 569 travel-related cases. Eighty pregnant women in the state have been infected with Zika.
So far, the local transmission zones are the following:
Wynwood Area – NW 22nd St. at the South, NE 2nd Ave to NE 23rd St. at the east; NW 3rd Ave to the west; and NE 36th St to the north.
Miami Beach Area – 28th Street to the north, 8th Street to the south, lntercoastal water to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the east.
Click here for more information on the Zika virus or here for more Zika-related stories.

CBS Miami"

Miami Beach mosquitoes test positive for Zika | WTSP.com

So btw, I found a supplement that cures every virus around including cancer, lupus, aids and other pathogens. It's called MMS and in despite the bad boosterism spread by the big pharma mafia is working well in killing the Zika virus.

Zika virus origins-Rockefeller: Zika Virus Mystery - War On We The People:

Cure of Zika with MMS: https://g2cforum.org/index.php/list/...ion/29895-zika
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 07:23 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
So btw, I found a supplement that cures every virus around including cancer, lupus, aids and other pathogens. It's called MMS and in despite the bad boosterism spread by the big pharma mafia is working well in killing the Zika virus.

Zika virus origins-Rockefeller: Zika Virus Mystery - War On We The People:

Cure of Zika with MMS: https://g2cforum.org/index.php/list/...ion/29895-zika
I'm scratching my head trying to type out a response to this nonsense that reflects my overall opinion of your posts in general without violating TOS and I'm finding it extremely difficult to do so. Let's just say that out of all the hundreds of comments you've posted on this forum over the years, this one goes to the very top of the list. Now I'd like to tell you the title of that list, but unfortunately, once again, that would result in a TOS violation.

But rest assured, this is definitely #1 on that list.

Congratulations!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:10 PM

400 posts, read 515,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm scratching my head trying to type out a response to this nonsense that reflects my overall opinion of your posts in general without violating TOS and I'm finding it extremely difficult to do so.
At least, this time he left out Cubans. Or did he? The zika carrying mosquitoes zing in a Cuban accent.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:52 PM

874 posts, read 899,748 times
any one have the brain the size of the mosquito so they clicked on the link? hopefully not.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:38 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Well, for one thing the OP actually lives in Miami which he has the right to comment on since Zika is in the local mosquito population. What is totally going under the media radar is that there has been found a treatment for Zika. Not "woo" but medication for Ringworm already on the market. So why isn't this being tested more, or given more press than all this spraying, or the rush for a vaccine?

I live 130 miles from Miami on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:30 AM

874 posts, read 899,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well, for one thing the OP actually lives in Miami which he has the right to comment on since Zika is in the local mosquito population. What is totally going under the media radar is that there has been found a treatment for Zika. Not "woo" but medication for Ringworm already on the market. So why isn't this being tested more, or given more press than all this spraying, or the rush for a vaccine?

I live 130 miles from Miami on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
Where did you hear this? I'm not seeing anything when I google Zika and Ringworm. Also, because one is a parasite and the other a virus it would be a bit unusual that treating for one would affect the other.

I will buck the curve and recommend that anyone not trying to get pregnant or get someone pregnant go out and get Zika asap. The symptoms of the disease are usually pretty mild in adults, and once you've had it you have lifetime immunity.

But it's awful for those who are pregnant, no doubt about that.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:00 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Zika treatable with existing drugs, says breakthrough study - Medical News Today

Why is this going under the radar? Obviously, needs more testing but still......

Old 09-12-2016, 05:12 PM

400 posts, read 515,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Zika treatable with existing drugs, says breakthrough study - Medical News Today

Why is this going under the radar? Obviously, needs more testing but still......

Exactly needs more testing. Still research. From that for you to say "...there has been found a treatment for Zika..." hmmm, no, no treatment yet. And I don't have names and numbers but FSU are not the only ones, some working on a vaccine, also still research, there is no vaccine.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm scratching my head trying to type out a response to this nonsense that reflects my overall opinion of your posts in general without violating TOS and I'm finding it extremely difficult to do so.
lol

I have heard about this MMS supplement before. It was a Spanish documentary that was warning the general public about the dangers of this supplement.

Miracle Mineral Supplement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracl...ral_Supplement

Quote:
Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to MMS is a toxic solution of 28% sodium chlorite in distilled water. The product contains essentially the same ingredient as industrial-strength bleach before "activation" with a food-grade acid.

MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, autism, acne, cancer, and much more.

Sodium chlorite, the main constituent of MMS, is a toxic chemical that can cause acute renal failure

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 09-13-2016 at 12:04 AM..

Old 09-14-2016, 10:11 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Forget the snake oil, this virus is here to stay just like citrus canker. When you host the world's population, you are going to get sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami